Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-03-2005, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Home Invasion a customer of mine.

Well, I am turning the corner to go to a customers and I see TV Vans with their masts up. I was like now what is going on. I am coming up the street and they are right in front of my customers. A detective was walking out with bags in his hands so I asked what was going on. I explained that I took care of their yard and he told me they were victims of a home invasion. Unbelievable, this is a real nice part of town, house was ransacked, stuff was taken, and they stole their car. Here is a link to the story. The worst part is the husband is legally blind. http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4443729/detail.html

I guess while we out mowing we need to make sure we take the time to check out the homes of the elderly folks we do. Thought I would share this with you guys so you too can keep an eye out on your customers.

JP
Old 05-03-2005, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

good idea, the elderly are kinda helpless sometimes.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The robber's day will come...
"To have a nice, green, weed free lawn is a LUXURY. This holds true for a Cadillac pick-up. We don't have to have one, we just want it! Our Cadillac owning customers want the nice lawn. They paid for the Caddi, why not the lawn?" The moral here folks is, Charge Accordingly!

http://www.gardenplace.com/main.asp?page_id=38
www.j-thomas.com
www.weedalert.com
Old 05-15-2005, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The robbers goin to hell for that!
Old 05-15-2005, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just got a call from the neighbor of one of my customers telling me that he (my customer) is in the hospital pretty much waiting to die. He is 92 years old. Last year he was in great health and actually got around well, just a little hard of hearing. His wife died last year too. They say elderly folk usually don't last long after their spouse dies. I was wondering why he never called this year to renew services. I tried calling several times. Guess this answers my question. I agree, you should check in on, or at least pay close attention to your older customers
Old 05-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Banned

I always spend more time with my older customers.There was one that i loved.Miss Robin.she would bake cookies before i came and when i was done we would talk for hours.her hubby died 4 years ago and i think i was the only thing keeping her alive.Well two days ago i got her two 150 year old books with a note.She mailed them to me and the note said keep them safe my son and may life treat you well.then i found out her kids didnt even show up to say good bye.Call me crazy but every friday i go to her grave and eat a cookie and have some tea like i did when she was alive and then leave.She was not only a customer she was a good friend.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

RedWolf.
You are truly a good man.
I respect you!!

If you don't like my opinion...go around back for another view.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWolf
I always spend more time with my older customers.There was one that i loved.Miss Robin.she would bake cookies before i came and when i was done we would talk for hours.her hubby died 4 years ago and i think i was the only thing keeping her alive.Well two days ago i got her two 150 year old books with a note.She mailed them to me and the note said keep them safe my son and may life treat you well.then i found out her kids didnt even show up to say good bye.Call me crazy but every friday i go to her grave and eat a cookie and have some tea like i did when she was alive and then leave.She was not only a customer she was a good friend.
Amazing how some people can have that effect on you, I have some very special folks on my list of clients also. it will be very difficult when i lose them.
as we all know is going to happen sooner or later.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Home Invasion... i thought this was going to be about some HGTV or TLC show on TV.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Man that is so whacked. Hard to even concieve there is scum like that on this planet. I put alarm signs and stuff out at my grandmas just because we worry bout her. They should go back to hanging thieves or stoning them or take their hand or something. a short jail term where they learn from more criminals is just too easy.

Redwolf. That's great man. I got a few customers like that. Bout to leave my pt job for day and I know I got lunch waiting for me at my 1st stop. She is just soooo sweet.