The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-04-2002, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Town Pride Lawn Service
Old 02-05-2002, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Member

web site?

here's my rough site,http://motivatedmaintenance.com ...not to be the biggest persueing to be the Best!
Old 02-15-2002, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Member

A site like Gusbuster's is perfect, I think.

Our site is not ready yet but I would think one like Gusbuster's would get the job done.
Old 02-15-2002, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ive got a site, i work on it every now and then. www.stslawncare.com
Old 04-06-2002, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Quotes from Grassmaster:
Quote:
...you want to have many reasons for people to come there & then you want reasons for them to come back again & again.

The you need Value Rich Content that can be added to, so they keep coming back for more?

I'm hoping in the next year that I will be able to make a living on the Internet freeing me from Brick & Mortar Establishments.

98% of the websites outhere, make virtually not enough for server space & software. The other 2% make over 98% of the money. Competition is fierce. There is plenty of websites out there that cost a fortune & over the years haven't made a dimes profit!
I think you are confusing websites that are an extension to an existing company to websites that exist simply to generate income from the website alone.

The websites that are being discussed here are a form of promotional material or advertisements. Why would they need "reasons for them to come back again & again"?

That would be like expecting people to record a TV commercial on the VCR and watch it every single day.

The last paragraph in the quote above means nothing to any member of this forum. Unless of course the owner of eBay.com is a member here.

Quote:
Now I'm going out into something entirely different & a much larger targeted audience. Hoping to be a success there TOO! I enjoy the Green Industry, but it's time to move on & add on to my Ventures. I'm hoping in the next year that I will be able to make a living on the Internet freeing me from Brick & Mortar Establishments
I wish you much luck in your new venture, but 'till you understand the difference between Amazon.com and Town Pride Lawn Service, you are going to have an uphill battle. I have a mental image of you walking up a down escalator.
Old 04-07-2002, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Member

The good thing about a website is you can always tell someone to check out your site when they get time. How many times have you been somewhere and someone asked for a card but you just did not have one with you.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:49 PM
Millenium Member

Funny this is back up, I have had 2 calls this week from people that found my site and wanted my service, once again yes,,a site pays!
Old 04-09-2002, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

MONEY WELL SPENT

Are web sites worth it??

2001 cost
Microsoft front page 2000(i think I paid around this price) $150.00
registration of domain cost $75 for 3 years.
Hosting $9.95\month $120

About 15 hours putting together my site: $600
total close to $1000

Business generated from site in 2001 (gross landscaping and maintenance accounts) $9,000

Sometimes I think I'm the only one in my area with a web presense.

John
Old 07-08-2002, 02:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I put my spot in my potential customers shoes.. I think where I'd best utilize a website is from other advertising... Especially trailer and truck signs!!! Nothing like seeing those big mowers on a fancy rig and a website to perk a persons intersest. Furthermore, when handing out cards, etc.. mention that you have picutres on-line... I think it could be real decider on if you get the account somtimes..

I don't have a site currently because I'm tryint to get better pics, but once I do have my site, I'm sure to get the signs and advertising to utilize it!! I can guarentee you nobody in my towns gonna do a search for lawncare company's locally... If they did, I'd be the only site!!
Old 11-03-2002, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We can generate a modest amount of business from web-site.
On our flyers and yellow page add shows the web address so our customers or should we say Potential customers can see our work our credentials and more.