Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-18-2012, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Iím also interested in getting my applicators license but it would be logistically impossible for me to work for another Co. to learn OJT. What is the next best way to go....?
You can do it like I did. Find a college or university that offers a Turf Grass or Plant science degreed program. Sign up for as Many classes as you can handle and still keep earning a living. After a few years of taking classes you should have a starting back ground and be ready to really learn the Trade with Hands on experience.

Of Course if you only have Bluegrass or Fescue turf to deal with, you don't need an education. Any fool can make those turfs green.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.Ē John Wayne.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-18-2012, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
You can do it like I did. Find a college or university that offers a Turf Grass or Plant science degreed program. Sign up for as Many classes as you can handle and still keep earning a living. After a few years of taking classes you should have a starting back ground and be ready to really learn the Trade with Hands on experience.

Of Course if you only have Bluegrass or Fescue turf to deal with, you don't need an education. Any fool can make those turfs green.

Well it's pretty much all cool season grasses up here so yes that would be blue grass and fescue.

I called my local agricultural investigator for my region and got the low down on what I need to get licensed etcetera.

There is some slack here on unlicensed incidental use.

The bulk of my income comes from mowing and I want that to change gradually over to aplications.

I'm going to do a feel good blend of organic based products and some use of herbicides. Basically best of both world's and not offend either extreme.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-18-2012, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Who knows maybe I'll go full Gonzo with it and become a crop duster pilot. That kind of flying always appealed to me except for a huge chemical tank up front.
Posted via Mobile Device