Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-09-2005, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Michigan mulch blower no show! Twice!!

A so called professional mulch blower in Michigan- Canton area was supposed to show up to blow mulch for me on saturday. I get a phone call " I can't show up today I have problems, I will be there first thing Monday morning. Guess what, another phone call, I can't be there today, I am not going to fix my problem, find someone else, here is another number to another company" How professional is this! A lawn site member throws me under the bus!! Thanks
Old 05-09-2005, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What was his problem? my guess is hes prob. out of business today. Not to many people deal with **** like that during this time of the year? Why didnt you spread it yourself on saturday?
Old 05-09-2005, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

80 yards to spread. Booked three weeks ago.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hope you have found another company? Thats a lot of mulch to do by yourself. Why did the guy keep backing out on you?
Old 05-10-2005, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well when you have truck problems and the job is miss quoted then we do have problems. I was told there were few tree rings the whole place was tree rings! then court yards and you give me an attitude about possibly not being able to do them. Ask around the truck was down had to pull off another lawnsite members job due to computer problems. I called another company to work things out and hopefully help you out and not just leave you hanging.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

maybe his equipment broke down and the parts aren't available until Tuesday or Wednesday? Maybe he's not blowing you off----he did call you.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Also the phone call went a little more like this! I am sorry I am not going to be able to take care of you job. I had problems that put me way behind schedual I put a call in to another mulching blowing company I gave them your info and they should be contacting you shortly. I then gave you the name and number to the company.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok let me try this over… I want to start off by sincerely apologizing for the short notice of my company not being able to complete your job. I want to better explain my situation. On Friday afternoon we had problems related to our on board computer we were unable to solve them this is why I called you that evening to let you know we would not be able to make it on Saturday. On Saturday morning we were able to temporarily fix the problem, since I had told you I would start you job on Monday I decided to start on a job for a past client that had been waiting since the beginning of the season. We were able to work for approximately 3 and ˝ hours before our computer shut down on us. This now leaves me with two jobs half way completed and needing to be done. Monday was already a filled schedule with me quizzing your job in the morning. My schedule was extremely tight and something had to give. Unfortunately this meant I had to turn down a job and also consider passing your job off to a competitor. On Monday morning I realized I would not be able to complete your job with in the next few weeks. I gave a call to my competitor (one of a few others, the reason for calling this company was because I have seen there work and it is on par with the quality that we strive for. Unfortunately most of the other blower operations have, in my opinion, sub standard quality standards.) I got there information and explained my situation and the specifics of the job. I gave them your phone number as well as your name, job location, quantity, and other information pertaining to the job. I was then told that they would contact you. I then called you to explain the situation and give you the contact info for the competitor. I am sorry for leaving you in between a rock and a hard place but I was also in a similar situation. I completely understand your anger and being upset with the poor communication and short notice. I hope you can have continued success using the other mulch blowing services and once again I apologize for all the trouble I have put you through. I also apologize if my comments on the Michigan LCO’s page came across in a manor that I did not intend them to.

Deepest apologizes,

Matt Rose
Groundcover Solutions
Old 05-11-2005, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4fixer
80 yards to spread. Booked three weeks ago.
Maybe you should get the proper equipment to do the job yourself.Not very professional to come on here and badmouth another company without proper merit.I can't believe you would come on here and talk trash instead of trying to fix the matter as a business owner and talk privately with him,Matt is a stand up guy, his equipment broke down, but you still come on here and bash him.In the land of Oz where you live apparently nothing breaks down and you don't get behind on jobs.Well here in the real world it happens and it happened to Matt.Matt I give you big props for coming on here and apologizing for something you really should't of had too...
Old 05-11-2005, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

G4fixer.......very unprofessional.........

and even more than that........childish.....

take you problems up with the person / people involved, it sound like he did what he could to help you......what did you expected to get out of bashing him on here???

Derek

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama