Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-10-2005, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Do u trim & blow-off when u bush-hog?

How many of u dont trim a thing and how many trim and blow-off any hard surfaces?

It depends with me. Sometimes I dont have anything to trim (big open feilds), but most of the time I do new subdivisions and I trim around poles, power boxes curbs and fire hydrants. Ive gotten many bush hogging accounts because the prior LCO refused to get off the tractor and trim anything.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Generally NO. Usually all bushhog work I deal with is just cut it. Mostly country settings. But, I guess if some developer wanted it, I would put a trimmer in a guys hand.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have and I haven't. Just depends on the situation. When I work for farmers or prop owners I always trim around any gates or barns. If I'm just clearing a field nope. We sprayy a lot too. I sub all my spraying out to a guy on a compact tractor with an 80 gallon spray rig. Onthing I spray is small residential spot spraying like in the driveway or flower beds. I basically do whatever they want and charge accordingly but if the gates aint sprayed already or going to be I trim em. Can't say I ever blown one off. Wouuld if it needed it and would charge.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Usually no, but I do have this one account that I mow weekly, then every other week he wants the pasture that is around his home bushhogged. Since the pasture is right at his house he wants it kept neat. On the weeks that I bushhog his pasture I make one pass along the fence rows with the mower to get to areas the bushhog couldn't get to, then use the trimmer as needed. Other than that I've only had a couple times that a developer would want me to trim around light poles and fire hydrants when I'd bushhog.

'00 F-250 PSD 4x4 CrewCab
'03 Walker 42" GHS
'06 Huster Super Mini Z
RedMax Trimmers
Stihl FC85 Stick Edger
RedMax 7001 Blowers