Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-10-2005, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Momentum FX

Just wondering if you guys farther south than MN, have tried the new Momentum FX and have had any results with it yet??

I've still got about 5 gallons of the old Momentum left over, but I'll need to get some new stuff before the end of round 2. Just wondering if I should search for the old Momentum, or go with the new FX??

Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 05-11-2005, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My Lesco guy does not even have results of the FX. He still had (5) 1 gal bottles of the old momentum, so I picked those up. I know that with the cold temps, it takes a week for good signs, even with the old formulation. I heard the new was "tweaked" and the impression I got was not as effective.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah, I've been spraying the old formulation this week, but temps are taking a nosedive here in MN, a high of 47 tomorrow.

I too have heard "rumors" that the new stuff isn't as effective, but I was wondering if anyone here has been running it yet.

I'd much rather have 80+ right now and be spraying these dandelions. They'd be dead tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Member

My Lesco Rep said they are having good results with FX. One nice point is they claim it is rain fast in one hour. I sprayed my lawn with it today. I'll let you know how it does.

John
Old 05-11-2005, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought 25 gallons of the old + 10 gals. of Battleship (contains chlopyilid and trichlopyr) but have almost gone through it all. I can't justify the $330 a case lesco wants for the new FX formulation, especially with no real evidence it is any better as of yet. Even if it rainfast in 1 hour, I think Speedzone would be a better option for the price. Are you listening Lesco reps? The price needs to come down.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I used it and works just like Momentum. All weeds were wilting when I drove by the next day.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfsurfer
I bought 25 gallons of the old + 10 gals. of Battleship (contains chlopyilid and trichlopyr) but have almost gone through it all. I can't justify the $330 a case lesco wants for the new FX formulation, especially with no real evidence it is any better as of yet. Even if it rainfast in 1 hour, I think Speedzone would be a better option for the price. Are you listening Lesco reps? The price needs to come down.

Turfsurfer,
I am comming up with $51 - $54/gal (depending on when purchased) and I am in the crappy price plan (I buy 1 gal at a time for now). Why so high for you???
Old 05-12-2005, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco has adopted the used car lot mentality. "We can't charge any less for that." When it becomes a competitive situation, though, it does seem to affect it quite a bit.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

CANNOT run FX in a Perma green or any low volume sprayer. It gels. Learn from others mistakes. Sava-lawn just returned a huge quantity of FX b/c of this problem. Not even registered in good ole NY anyway.

What about Eliminate ? any body try it? Lesco here just brought in a case. I hate being a guinea pig but 3-way sucks.

www.CTPreservation.com

www.ChristmasDecorNY.com

"What do you mean we canít get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
Walt Disney
Old 05-12-2005, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf hokie
CANNOT run FX in a Perma green or any low volume sprayer. It gels. Learn from others mistakes. Sava-lawn just returned a huge quantity of FX b/c of this problem. Not even registered in good ole NY anyway.

What about Eliminate ? any body try it? Lesco here just brought in a case. I hate being a guinea pig but 3-way sucks.

How could it gel in a Perma-Green and not in a reg. tank sprayer??

The volume of water??

But if that's the case, how could it not just come out as a gel, since there's no water in the plastic jug???