Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-17-2005, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

listen to the guy in Oregon! he's likely a rain expert..lol..the idea of aerating IS to change the soil profile, to take a hard nasty compacted piece of(likely) clay and open it to water, air and nutrient penetration. Soil will not backfill the holes if you are not aerating a flat out dirt patch(and if you are, a tiller works better than an aerator..lol). Why not in the rain, stepping on the wet cores will lead to six inches of mud building up on your shoes, making them weigh 40 lbs apiece but you'll get the deepest cores possible, which is the reason you're doing it in the first place.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

He said raining,not rained yesterday or rained two days ago but raining.not only what I said above but I never like getting a machine engine hot,then allowing cold water to get onto it as would happen if aereateing or tilling in the rain.Especialy if it's a rental .
Old 06-17-2005, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshovel
He said raining,not rained yesterday or rained two days ago but raining.not only what I said above but I never like getting a machine engine hot,then allowing cold water to get onto it as would happen if aereateing or tilling in the rain.Especialy if it's a rental .
Boy I wish I had the california weather. IN the spring it rains and If I waited till it stoped there would be at least 2-3 months shot each year. No way work when you can. Yes I work in the rain, Mow, Aerate, and everything else. Now a downpore is different. If I can last 15 minutes with out being soaked it is workable weather.