Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-16-2005, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

What would you do in this situation?

My neighbor has a "mowing crew" mow for them. Its actually two kids with toys, one is the daughters boyfriend. Anyway, last year they started using a riding tractor to mow, (city lot approx 100x100, large house, driveway, etc.) and started blowing grass in my yard. I went to talk to the kid and he started off about me not having to be a dick about it, just ask nice. So I talked to the owner, they said no problem, sorry, wont happen again. Well, here we are again, now they have a ???? brand walk behind, approx 42", and made a huge mess with it. Problem is, no one ever seems to be home, and these kids always seem to mow while Im not here. Not that I should EVER have to say a word. I take a lot of pride in my yard and the way it looks, and this crap pisses me off. Especially since I already talked to them once about it. I know they dont have insurance or anything, and probably just started last year, but seems to me I should be able to do something about it.......Any ideas?
Old 05-16-2005, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Contact the next door neighbor, and get the number of the service. Call and let them know.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Pictures worth a 1000 words, and an ass whoopin
Old 05-16-2005, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Member

HTML Code:
Contact the next door neighbor, and get the number of the service. Call and let them know
They are two guys and a truck. Not easy to get ahold of. Niether are the neighbors. Im tempted to fire up the 318 and blow all my grass in their yard, but my wife says two wrong dont make a right. Gues Ill have to camp out to talk to someone about it.......
Old 05-16-2005, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodogg2221
HTML Code:
Contact the next door neighbor, and get the number of the service. Call and let them know
They are two guys and a truck. Not easy to get ahold of. Niether are the neighbors. Im tempted to fire up the 318 and blow all my grass in their yard, but my wife says two wrong dont make a right. Gues Ill have to camp out to talk to someone about it.......
No they dont but boy will it make ya feel better !!! And next time they might get the point .
Old 05-16-2005, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Camp out with a video camera so you have proof,and
mabey a big mean dog.I don't see how blowing grass back over is a wrong,to me it would be a right.
But if you want to know what I would do?
I'd snatch that punk smartmouth kid right off that mower and teach him some manners real quick!!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Spray Roundup on their side of the yard that joins yours. Problem solved.

Just Kidding. But it did cross my mind.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bag your lawn and dump your grass on their doorstep. Maybe the homeowner will complain to the lawn boys.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodogg2221
HTML Code:

Just be careful. A friend of mine went out to talk to a new neighbor about them parking on his property and now he has a plate in his skull. The ******* hit him with a Jack Daniels bottle as he turned to walk away. It's not like in the movies folks. The skull is going to bust before that glass bottle is.

Schwinn tricycle
11" Tonka push mower
Wal Mart Scissors
Old 05-17-2005, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

"A simple remedy"

Hi, bring you neighbor over & show him the mess, now explain to him that all his service has to do is cut your boarder on reverse [ goin the opposite way] so the grass blows back in their yard?....And as they do this when they cut it again it will soon disapear........