Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-16-2005, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Member

What do we want from our service providers?

I would like to start a list for all of those dealers who sneak in this site.
Get a clue guys!!!! we want ...

1. Fast service
2. Parts in stock
3. Don't want to wait for home owners to be served

Keep up the list guys. I know we can come up w/ some good ideas.

Ideas:
service clubs
drive thru
price breaks
etc.

God bless
joe
Old 05-16-2005, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ideal Dealer

One of my thoughts... however possibly price prohibitive would be a separate entrance/counter for the Commerical folks. Say perhaps you have a dealer, on the main street side you have your displays of home owner stuff, sales guys, phone people; around back you have a door/entrance with parking for trucks with trailer and a dedicated parts guy at the counter who isn't answering the phone for ther person looking for a part for (enter your own POS mower here).
I think it would be nice to have a service/sales/parts guy there on sunday. I know that sounds rediculous, however I know that If I need a machine for monday, I might be working on it sunday. (besides that I do a bunch of commerial stuff on sundays).
As far as service....my dealer does okay, I am fortunate to never of had a machine in for more than one day
I also think that a dealer who also sold trailer parts would be great. Yesterday I broke a spring on trailer and couldn't find a suitable spring anywhere.
My only real grip with my dealer is that they don't have a parts guy (who knows what I want) until 7:30 am, I would think that over the summer, opening by 0630 would be a good option.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:59 PM

Good thread...

I know one thing that I always would have changed (depending on the dealer) is limited paperwork...I get what I want, enter it into the system, spit me out a sheet showing what I got and what it cost....send me the bill once a month with an itemized sheet of what was purchased, when and by who. I know not a big big deal, but I have been to dealers that want three things signed, want you to wait for an invoice they are going to send to you anyway, etc... every minute counts when the grass is growing!
Old 05-16-2005, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah, I think something like membership cards would be a good idea. a one swipe fix for the paperwork problem right?