Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Magna-Matic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Magna-Matic Lawn Mower Blade Balancers, Sharpeners, and more

Old 05-25-2005, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just about everyone who posts on this site could learn a lot just listening to Tider6972. He has the right approach to evaluating and purchasing equipment and expendables.

If all LCOs understood their business as well as Tider6972 they would have better relationships with their dealers and probably make a lot more money. Tider6972 understands that his dealers are his partners and works with them.

Oldtimer
Old 05-25-2005, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna-Matic
Hello All,

I'm not sure on how to respond, but it seems like this thread may be in the wrong place. I read through the posts, and could not find a question directed at MAGNA-MATIC.

Let me know if i missed it, or if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

No, you didn't miss anything..............lol.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer
TIDER6972,

My approach to selling mowers may be costing sales so how about some info. I am not trying to make jokes, rather, I am asking for feedback about what LCOs expect from dealers. Please answer the following questions as fairly and honestly as possible.

How do you decide which mower to buy and how many commercial mowers have you purchased?

1)The decision is based on Quality of cut, "available" or "useful" horsepower, general quality of build and engineering, standard equipment versus optional, operator comfort,ease of maintenance, to name a few.number of mowers? enough. (really not being a smartazz, just don't give that info out.)

How many different dealers do you currently shop at?

2) only one dealer, although three are in the area.

What do you think a mower demo should consist of?

3) It depends, weve done three demos total in the past three years,(two being last year) first demo was taken out from the dealer by us and returned the same day (same dealer we currently work with) The second demo was the same, (different dealer, different manufacturer) the third and best was the latest where the distributor brought the machine to the site along with a dealer rep (knowledgable in the industry, not just a salesman) we ran the machine on the aprox 1 acre lot, and questioned them afterwards. No real selling, no hard sales tactics, just good honest info for us to make a decision with.

Are you willing to pay to demo a mower? This would consist of blades, fuel and returning the mower completely cleaned and serviced.

4) No I am not willing to pay for a demo.

Should a dealer allow you to demo several different mowers for more than one day at a time at no charge and with no commitment from you?

5)No I don't believe that's required or reasonable.

If a dealer allowed you to demo a mower what would you be looking for?

6) Again, knowledgeable people that know the needs of the industry without pressure sales tactics. If I'm looking for a demo, my choices have already been narrowed down and the decision is based on the merits of the machine and it's support, although obviously some will just be kicking the tires.

Do you pay cash or finance your mowers? By cash, I mean off the hip, not borrowed from a bank or credit union.

7) We've done both.

Have you ever relied on a dealer to arrange a purchase or lease financial package?

8) yes.

If you financed, what is the maximum amount of interest you would pay to purchase or lease a mower? The definition of a lease is never planning to own the equipment and it is leased with a residual value, usually 10 - 20%.

9) Rates vary substantially by the market, but give me an interest free year to pay off and I'm happy.....LOL.

Would you mow my yard for free to let me see if I like your work?

10) No. Cutting your lawn is not a $10,000 investment.

Oldtimer
www.sevillelawn.com