The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-22-2005, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetter
A quote from topsite in another thread:

" Now see, I don't carry insurance because I'd rather take the risk."

The picture of your business is much clearer for me now.
Well don't forget to mention that I cut 10 yards/day and have 50+ grass accounts and gross 1000 dollars every 3-4 days by myself. Don't forget this is sustained day after day, week after week, and month after month. And don't forget my 2 bmw's are paid for and my house is paid off so there is no mortgage payments... Yeah lets not forget all my equipment is paid for (including the truck), and I have no outstanding balances.
Don't forget that because maybe I can afford to pay for damages or to hire the lawyer.

Now one more time: Insurance is not required by law.
If you carry it, maybe it's because you need it.
Bye.

Last edited by topsites; 05-22-2005 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The best way to grow is do good work and gain customers by word of mouth or people seeing your work first hand. I have found that 90% of people who are referred or stop me while working will sign on for service and at a no haggle price. These people know what they are buying by being told by a friend or seeing first hand with their own eyes. You my friend are missing out on the best form of advertising. You should be excited that someone seen you working and decided to stop (taking their time and energy as well) and asking you for an estimate. It is your fault you don't see the potential of actually following through with their request and leaving one. How do ever plan of getting 2, 3, or more properties lined up on one street? Are you hoping the neighbors of current customer just happen to stumble across your yellow page ad? You should have your truck lettered so the neighbors can just write the info down and call you, but I don't see what the difference between a phone call or personal contact is.

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy
The best way to grow is do good work and gain customers by word of mouth or people seeing your work first hand. I have found that 90% of people who are referred or stop me while working will sign on for service and at a no haggle price. These people know what they are buying by being told by a friend or seeing first hand with their own eyes. You my friend are missing out on the best form of advertising. You should be excited that someone seen you working and decided to stop (taking their time and energy as well) and asking you for an estimate. It is your fault you don't see the potential of actually following through with their request and leaving one. How do ever plan of getting 2, 3, or more properties lined up on one street? Are you hoping the neighbors of current customer just happen to stumble across your yellow page ad? You should have your truck lettered so the neighbors can just write the info down and call you, but I don't see what the difference between a phone call or personal contact is.
To be blunt, the difference is in the amount of my weekly deposits to the bank.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites
Well don't forget to mention that I cut 10 yards/day and have 50+ grass accounts and gross 1000 dollars every 3-4 days by myself. Don't forget this is sustained day after day, week after week, and month after month. And don't forget my 2 bmw's are paid for and my house is paid off so there is no mortgage payments... Yeah lets not forget all my equipment is paid for (including the truck), and I have no outstanding balances.
Don't forget that because maybe I can afford to pay for damages or to hire the lawyer.

Now one more time: Insurance is not required by law.
If you carry it, maybe it's because you need it.
Bye.
So you have 2 cars and a home that are paid for and no ins? That seems quite stupid. Did you get rid of the thunderbird with the leaky gas tank, or is that paid for also?
Old 05-22-2005, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
To be blunt, blah blah blah. I like trolling

First of your not a very good troll, put a little more effort into it man. Second, anyone that talks to someone, goes to their property and gives an estimate, but doesn't leave an estimate or at least call the person with a price is a fuggin moron. Moron.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Member

No wonder you do it yourself, with your social skills you couldn't keep a crew. I bet you change your tune on insurance when, not if, something happens. My workmans comp paid out $66,000 to one of my workers who got hit by someone elses car on the job.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Banned

What's this........ ?? That's topsites waving goodbye to his house and BMW's (yeah right!) when he puts someones eye out!
Old 05-23-2005, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
To be blunt, the difference is in the amount of my weekly deposits to the bank.
Unbeleivable.... You are telling me that after 4 years you paid for 2 BMW's, a house, truck, and all equipment cutting 50 lawns (not yards as you put it) a week grossing 1K every 4 days. First off I wouldn't be bragging about your weekly deposits off of 50 lawns at a little over 1K (gross) a week. Secondly I would not expect people to believe you have paid for everything you have from cutting lawns for 4 years. Honestly with those numbers I can't see how you can afford the yellow page ad! You should be praying that people see you on the street and ask you to work for them. You might have money from somewhere else but don't try to con all the members who have experience in owning a lawn care business that your business is the reason you have this so called fortune.

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Your numbers do not compute topsides,you lie like a dog.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

And Im in Va also and a 30 -35 week cutting season is all there is, and 3 years ago it wasnt a 20 week season it was so dry