Old 05-23-2005, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's Time

Old 05-24-2005, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites
You just answered my question, thanks !

You are full of yourself if you think you can survive without paid advertising, because the only thing you will do is work for next to nothing! That has been my experience over and over.
Here it is: Cheap advertising = You do cheap work.
It is the reason why I have no business cards, no flyers, and no letters on the side of the truck (*ALL* of it, cheap ads).

That's likely why I never get any of this stuff, so yeah, I am correct by ignoring those *****.

You see, I advertise in the yellow pages.
Peace

language
YEa so what do you say to a commercial property manager when they ask 4 a card. I think you would look stupid...a professional has a card in the very least.

Chevy trucks, Exmark Lazers, enclosed trailers.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpocket
YEa so what do you say to a commercial property manager when they ask 4 a card. I think you would look stupid...a professional has a card in the very least.
I tell them straight up, I have none on me. I can write the phone number on a piece of paper for all that matters, it's really no big deal.
Far as being unprofessional, an ad in the yellow pages looks a hella lot better than a business card because any idiot can walk into Office Max or Staples and for 20 bucks they will print you 500 pieces of generic cardboard - But not every idiot can advertise in the yellow pages because not every idiot has 3 thousand dollars AND most idiots will not get the credit needed, either.

A business card:
Does not cut grass, do any maintenance, or do anything else other than get in the way. They always end up all over the place, they make a HUGE mess everywhere you go there's stupid 2x4 pieces of cardboard with your info on it.
Does NOT go out to 50 or 100,000 households! No matter what you do, you can't beat the numbers.
Now if you lease an actual outlet or a building where customers walk in (like a garage, so to speak) then yeah it might be ok to have a few on the counter, but other than that ...?
What for?
What's the matter, can't remember my number?
Then it isn't important !
Thank you, have a nice day.

Last edited by topsites; 05-24-2005 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimslawns
Whatever you say.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

lol, I felt like I wasted 180 dollars on my yellow pages add! I wouldn't even think of putting a 3000 dollar a year add in there.

I shouldn't be so nice to people though. Take today for example, I'm out mowing, minding my own business, when i'm loading the mower on the trailer a neighbor comes up and asks me to take a look at their yard for mowing, I should have told them to "Hug Em" or something like that as you probably would, but instead I was real nice and walked 30 ft to look at the yard. I need to stop doing that though, only picked up 2 accounts today from that, I feel so dirty! Maybe I should tell them I can't do it and have them look for my yp add?
Old 05-24-2005, 10:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
I tell them straight up, I have none on me. I can write the phone number on a piece of paper for all that matters, it's really no big deal.

A business card:
Does not cut grass, do any maintenance, or do anything else other than get in the way. They always end up all over the place, they make a HUGE mess everywhere you go there's stupid 2x4 pieces of cardboard with your info on it.
Then it isn't important !
Thank you, have a nice day.
LOL! Wow! I didn't think it was possible, but you manage to look more and more stupid with each post! LOL! Thanks for the laughs anyway.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Member

(A business card:
Then it isn't important !)

He is about as much a buisness owner as a goat taking a **** on the white house lawn ......

Never seen a buisness owner ***** about buisness cards . Word of mouth and buisness cards are the 2 greatest things going ......
Old 05-24-2005, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetter
What's this........ ?? That's topsites waving goodbye to his house and BMW's (yeah right!) when he puts someones eye out!
Saying you have no insurance tells me you are a very foolish man or your full of sh*%! when it comes to your income. Personally I think your full of sh*%, God forbid you hit someone with a rock - then say good buy to your twin Beeeemmmmer's or are they Chevetts?

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net
Old 05-25-2005, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&KLawnCare
He is about as much a buisness owner as a goat taking a **** on the white house lawn ......

Never seen a buisness owner ***** about buisness cards . Word of mouth and buisness cards are the 2 greatest things going ......
There are about 100 things used in order to run a successful business (actually, it's more like 1,000 but lets stick with a normal figure). Out of these 100 things, you really only need 10 or maybe 20 in order to operate. It does not matter which 10 or 20 you pick, but it helps if the ones you pick are in line with your strenghts and your preferences as you will do much better that way. If, per chance you pick the wrong choices, you will know it sooner, or later. Nobody, absolutely nobody can practice or possess all 100 qualities or things needed because it is not humanly possible and besides, if one COULD implement all 100 you'd have a problem because many of these qualities would actually cancel each other out. For example, you may agree or disagree with the statement 'The customer is always right' but you are either one, or the other, and you can't be both. As for me, I disagree with that statement.
If you agree, then we operate different and it does not mean your business or mine is less or more successful than the other's, it simply means we do things different.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
There are about 100 things used in order to run a successful business (actually, it's more like 1,000 but lets stick with a normal figure). Blah blah blah, more inane drivel, blah blah blah, digging my whole even deeper, blah blah blah, How did this foot get in my mouth, blah blah blah.
A hundred, 10, 20, 1000...... It doesn't matter you still won't be around in 3 years. Although I must admit its funny to watch a punk like you get a bunch of grown men so worked up.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again

TROLL
Although I might be fitting that definition right now they way I keep trying ot bait you.
Don't feed the trolls