Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-19-2005, 08:54 PM
YZJOE23 YZJOE23 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Tarpon Springs, Florida
Posts: 13
License and test help for Round up ?

I was stoped the other day by a state truck and was issued a warning not to spray round up till I get a limited liscense for my lawn care buis. I sent for study material but gee seems like alot to study and know just for spraying round up. Does anyone out there have an idea what the test is like ?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-20-2005, 09:51 AM
MarcSmith MarcSmith is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 7,242
I had my Florida Certified PCO card up until a couple years ago. It was the hardest test I had ever taken, it took me two times to pass the test and it was about $275 each time. I honestly have no idea about the limited lic, but its a bad idea, IMO, if you're going to spray pesticides or herbicides migth has well take the big test and be full on....I know that roundup is fairly benign and it doens't take rocket science to measure out a backpack properly....Who's to say that you wont mix up some atrazine or tempo in the back pack instead of roundup next time. Study for the big test and take the big test, you'll learn a lot more and your customers will benefit as well.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-22-2005, 01:52 PM
lawnman_scott lawnman_scott is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: st pete, FL
Posts: 7,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith
I had my Florida Certified PCO card up until a couple years ago. It was the hardest test I had ever taken, it took me two times to pass the test and it was about $275 each time. I honestly have no idea about the limited lic, but its a bad idea, IMO, if you're going to spray pesticides or herbicides migth has well take the big test and be full on....I know that roundup is fairly benign and it doens't take rocket science to measure out a backpack properly....Who's to say that you wont mix up some atrazine or tempo in the back pack instead of roundup next time. Study for the big test and take the big test, you'll learn a lot more and your customers will benefit as well.
You need to work under someone for 3 years in order to get that.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-22-2005, 01:55 PM
lawnman_scott lawnman_scott is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: st pete, FL
Posts: 7,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZJOE23
I was stoped the other day by a state truck and was issued a warning not to spray round up till I get a limited liscense for my lawn care buis. I sent for study material but gee seems like alot to study and know just for spraying round up. Does anyone out there have an idea what the test is like ?
You can go to www.bobkesslerceu.com There will be a class in this area soon i think. It costs about $125 for the class and $150 for the test. It is very simple.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Turf Technologies's Avatar
Turf Technologies Turf Technologies is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 590
Wow in Tarpon Springs already, thats good to hear. I just got my Lic. in March. Its and easy test, but its an all day class.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-23-2005, 06:20 AM
MarcSmith MarcSmith is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 7,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnman_scott
You need to work under someone for 3 years in order to get that.
yeah I know, I forgot about that....I got mine after a year of working @ Disney, but I had a BS in Hort from UF so I go the college time put towards the recquirements.

If you can get the full on PCO lic its well worth it. Florida's Test is one of the hardest, and one of the few states who won't allow reciprocity from other states....

Good luck....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:01 PM.

Page generated in 0.10988 seconds with 9 queries