Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-23-2005, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

How good is Everide ZTR as a mulcher?

I am in the market to buy a new ZTR and the local Everide dealer is offering a good deal on their Hornet unit. It does not come with a mulching kit and the dealer informs me they have an aftermarket mulching kit that basically blocks the chute. Has anybody mulched with an Everide or used a chute blocking kit to mulch?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

With the chute blocked, you are not really mulching . You are just sending all the grass to the right side blade, where it chops it a little more, then leaves a big trail of clippings along the strip you just mowed. The look of the finished cut will be poor, with trails of clippings everywhere. If the grass is thick and wet, you will have a big mess using that system. If you want to do true mulching and leave a nice looking cut, then an Everide will not be the machine for you, until they develope a real mulching kit.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

the ever ride was really built for side discharge, but I bet you could fabricat "half" mulching baffles your self if you had a heat gun and a good drill.

from what I've seen of the ever ride, it looks likea really good performer for side discharge. if mulching is what you want to do, I would choose another brand.

A student taking a philosophy class had a single question on his final: "What is courage?" The student wrote: "This", signed it, and turned it in.

in Iraq, ever since the beginning of time, men have fought for, land, power, money, and greed. but what are we fighting for? .... we are fighting for something new, we are fighting, because it is the right thing to do.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks all. It looks like I will go elsewhere. Onca again, I appreciate everyones advice!
Old 05-24-2005, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

take a look at johnd deere's mulching on demand, it's just on another thread in this forum. quite cool.

A student taking a philosophy class had a single question on his final: "What is courage?" The student wrote: "This", signed it, and turned it in.

in Iraq, ever since the beginning of time, men have fought for, land, power, money, and greed. but what are we fighting for? .... we are fighting for something new, we are fighting, because it is the right thing to do.