Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-24-2005, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremowing4me
I did not get one I just looked at them, and was stating what they offered it to me for. Also, he said that he got the 48" deck so if he got the 19 horse kawi I dont see where it is that much better.Please explain what makes you think that it is so much better.
Got to read closer. His is not a 48 it's a 52. Go back to the top and re-read the post.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My Snapper has been a great machine. Bought it last year and couldn't be happier. I demo'd Hustler, JD, Dixie Chopper, & Snapper and kept going back to the Snapper so finally pulled the trigger. It's the Snapper Pro Fastback w/52" cut, 21hp Kaw. just like the picture above. I have some pics in this thread if you care to check it out.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...hlight=snapper

Buck
Old 05-24-2005, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Buck,

Looked at your thread. I missed that one. You have the one that looks like the one I was interested in. I wanted the 61" though. Crappy thing is that I have checked into them since and none of the dealers are really interested in selling one.... at all....

Some of them will offer to order you one at MSRP + tax.... then begin to push another brand that's in stock at the same price.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 05-24-2005, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I also will add that I live a few minutes from the factory and purchased it through the factory store.

Quote:
Thank you very much for the review. Please keep us in the loop and let us know how the machine continues to work out for you.
When the machine has a 1000 hours on it I will then know what type of machine it is.

I run my machine hard but I really go a little overboard on the maint.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service
Buck,

Looked at your thread. I missed that one. You have the one that looks like the one I was interested in. I wanted the 61" though. Crappy thing is that I have checked into them since and none of the dealers are really interested in selling one.... at all....

Some of them will offer to order you one at MSRP + tax.... then begin to push another brand that's in stock at the same price.
Yeah I'm sure they want to just unload inventory. I thought about the 61" but figured I'd be able to get into some tighter areas with this one, turned out to be a wise choice. My next Z will be a 61" though as I'll have this one for tighter areas. All I can say is the unit is very underrated, just glad I made the choice I did.

Buck
Old 05-24-2005, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

717 a kiddie toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassMasterNC
a 717 is a kiddie toy compared to what he has. I don't want to be rude, but WHY did you buy a 717? Do you mow a lot with that? or just use it for your own property? JD is a good product, but that 717 is in no way a comparison to the larger snapper.

AWJ, did you get to demo the joystick model? It took me a few minutes to get used to, but loved it - one hand and easy to keep on line....looking to buy one in December if the Taxes call for it, otherwise in January.

Matt
FYI, the 717 was one of the best mowers Ive used up untill this point, would fit in tight places that a 54 or 60 will not go, very smooth controls, and the best dang mulcher there ever was. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.
echo hedge clippers
echo long pole hedge clippers
Redmax weedeater
echo 650 BP blower
6 x 16 trailer
5 x 8 trailor
2001 Chevy LS Silverado
Polaris Sportsman 500 AWD ATV
last but not least, TWINS!
Old 05-25-2005, 05:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by out4now
Got to read closer. His is not a 48 it's a 52. Go back to the top and re-read the post.
My bad! He mentioned later in the thread about the dealer with some left over 48" decks. That is where i got confused. but i still havent heard why the 717 is a kiddie toy compared to the snapper. I would really like to know!
Old 05-25-2005, 06:38 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
My bad! He mentioned later in the thread about the dealer with some left over 48" decks. That is where i got confused. but i still havent heard why the 717 is a kiddie toy compared to the snapper. I would really like to know!

I am familar with the 727 ,but not the 717.
What makes the Snapper such a good deal for me is they Gave me 40% off the bagger and mulch kit.
Most Baggers are well over a 1000 dollars with some 1500 dollars.I payed less than 900 for the bagger and it is really high quality.
My buddy who has the John Deere 727 was told by the local dealer that they were not suitable for bagging.Not sure why.
Also around here ther is no dealer support close for John Deeres and the 727 sells for 7500 dollars.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services
I am familar with the 727 ,but not the 717.
What makes the Snapper such a good deal for me is they Gave me 40% off the bagger and mulch kit.
Most Baggers are well over a 1000 dollars with some 1500 dollars.I payed less than 900 for the bagger and it is really high quality.
My buddy who has the John Deere 727 was told by the local dealer that they were not suitable for bagging.Not sure why.
Also around here ther is no dealer support close for John Deeres and the 727 sells for 7500 dollars.
yea around here the 717 retails for 6800 but my dealer support for them is good and he will knock it down to 6000 for me. I understand now that bagging is important to you, but I mulch 95% of my yards so that is not a big deal to me. And yor right the bagger for the jd z-turns is really high priced. not to mention i dont even know if there is even a snapper dealer around here. Im glad that you are happy with yours and I am going to check to see if I can find a dealer so that I can demo one, and then make my decision on the fifth mower to add to my operation. thanks for your help.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
yea around here the 717 retails for 6800 but my dealer support for them is good and he will knock it down to 6000 for me
Most of the mowers out there are really good machines.

Quote:
I understand now that bagging is important to you, but I mulch 95% of my yards so that is not a big deal to me.
When I take on a really nasty yard that has not been maintained correctly it is real nice .I blow all the leaves outta the beds and start cutting.Saves me alot of time in the spring.After that I think mulching is great.
Also great after trimming hedges .Blow the clippings in the lawn and bag them up.It is just another tool.