Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-24-2005, 09:27 AM
1BadHawk 1BadHawk is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 127
My Site ... Your comments.

Ive been working on MY SITE lately, and have made several changes.

If you have a moment, take a peek and give me your inputs on the site in general. Layout, content, that sort of stuff.

NOTE: Im having some problems with explorer displaying the bubble graphics, but netscape seems to work without any problems. If you think you know why this may be, please feel free to offer any help.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-24-2005, 10:21 AM
partstree's Avatar
partstree partstree is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 79
your site looks fantastic, congratulations!

the bubbles are a problem with measurement standards between mozilla and internet explorer, it's a classic problem that all web designers must face, one solution is to restructure how the tables are designed, but in your case it's barely noticeable.

one thing i would suggest is to add an html link on your opening page to the main site, as some users may not have the flash plugin installed (there may not be many, but the few that don't will be affected, and every customer counts)

let me know when you're ready for reciprocal links, i'd love to add your site to our growing one, it'll help increase traffic to your site as well as ours.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-24-2005, 10:23 AM
1BadHawk 1BadHawk is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 127
Thanks for the input. You'd think by now, their would a very simple standard for table formats and web page designing, and how browsers view them.

Send my your site link / banner if you have one and Ill create a links page.

Also, Ill ad your site to my links page.

Last edited by 1BadHawk; 05-24-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-24-2005, 11:07 AM
partstree's Avatar
partstree partstree is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadHawk
Thanks for the input. You'd think by now, their would a very simple standard for table formats and web page designing, and how browsers view them.

Send my your site link / banner if you have one and Ill create a links page.

Also, Ill ad your site to my links page.
mozilla and internet explorer have never gotten along very well. actually, nobody gets along well with microsoft from a web designer standpoint, however, a good 80% (at least) of internet users use microsoft internet explorer, so i tend to recommend coding for internet explorer (if i have to choose one) although getting your design to work for both browsers is usually not impossible.

what is your email? i'll send you my link information. you're already up on our links page at http://www.partstree.com/links.php
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-24-2005, 01:43 PM
1BadHawk 1BadHawk is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 127
grrrrrr microsoft sux. Just my opinion.


Rob@perficut.net
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-24-2005, 07:03 PM
frosty18 frosty18 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 6
Dont forget to "title" your splash page.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-24-2005, 07:27 PM
frosty18 frosty18 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadHawk
Ive been working on MY SITE lately, and have made several changes.

If you have a moment, take a peek and give me your inputs on the site in general. Layout, content, that sort of stuff.

NOTE: Im having some problems with explorer displaying the bubble graphics, but netscape seems to work without any problems. If you think you know why this may be, please feel free to offer any help.

Thanks
Add text-align: left; to style 19 seems to work
You should consider tiding up your styles and put them is separate style sheet

.style19 {
font-size: 12px;
color: #00CCFF;
text-align: left;
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-24-2005, 08:08 PM
1BadHawk 1BadHawk is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty18
Add text-align: left; to style 19 seems to work
You should consider tiding up your styles and put them is separate style sheet

.style19 {
font-size: 12px;
color: #00CCFF;
text-align: left;

For which page are you referring to ?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-24-2005, 08:20 PM
frosty18 frosty18 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 6
any page that is using style 19 to align the Bullets (bubbles)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-24-2005, 09:04 PM
frosty18 frosty18 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 6
You should resize the images with photophop or fireworks rather than with HTML
src="Images/HOM1_325x230.jpg" width="190" height="110" border="0" align="top"></>

they are a bit weighty at the moment
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.10859 seconds with 7 queries