Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-25-2005, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

edit:
nevermind. doesn't seem much different from this request you had from over a month ago:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=102910

Last edited by tonygreek; 05-25-2005 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:38 AM
LawnSite Member

thanks tony, for the reminder... but since then the web site has changed formats dramaticaly. The site then was my second try and buiding a web page and due to the replies I took it offline, rebuilt it, then put it back online. Now its a totaly new site / design. Hense the new post.

Must not have too much time on your hands if you have to search and dig up old posts.

A much more proctive reply would have been to comment on the current site, but to each is own.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

uh, hawk... no searching involved. in fact, your original thread on this is still located on page 1 of the web threads, so please spare me the histrionics. there is no more tired phrase on internet message boards than, "must have too much time on your hand to dig up old posts". i haven't had the time to post in 5+ weeks, so likely, your previous thread was the last i replied to.

and i did comment on the current site, but i did an edit/delete because i thought it seemed too familiar. that's when i looked at the previous thread. sure enough, all of my comments, to which you had replied "wow Tony... lots of good pointers." seem to have been disregarded. so, why bother rehashing it? seriously, why? even one of the most basic, and helpful of changes (the css to it's own file or the code-forced, heavyweight images) was ignored and still being brought up by people in round 2. same goes for your ignoring of +/- 80% of the browser market (internet explorer), and further narrowing your consumer audience by apparently ignoring the dial-up users. so if your targeted customer is netscapers tied into broadband, you're on your way. you've managed to highly target approximately 5% of the 'net-using public.

"but to each his own".
Old 05-25-2005, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

nice

It's nice, I like the set-up.....keep it up, show some equipment pics....
Old 05-25-2005, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Contrary to what you think, I have taken into consideration the many suggestions from the previous post. I tried fix/repair/modify what I could to the best of my ability.

Im not sure I know what images your talking about that need to be resized but I have resized just about everyone I can. There may be one or two that slipped thorugh.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

the images on the main.htm page, if my memory is correct, are upwards of 97k, when they could be of like quality and maybe top out at 12k. i would guess it's due to using code to force, say a 600x600 97k image, down to a 200x200 97k image so that it fits in the area you want.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

When I resized the images, I didnt know the exact pixel size they needed to so I reduced them to an approximate size, and then fit it in the code. So my starting 640x640 pix was reduced to 190x110 , then fine tuned with the code to fit where I wanted it. I didnt realise that even then it was still too much to download. Everything I use is cable or DSL, dialup is prety much obsolete around here.

For you.... I will go back now that I have the site designed and know exactly what size the pics should be, and re-adjust the pics so they are to the pixel.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I think it would look more professional if you made your own flash intro - that way you could take off all of the "free flash advertising" junk.

I would be able to make a flash intro almost exactly like it for you - just feel free and contact me.

Seth Goings
Old 05-29-2005, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hate um

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsodsquad
I think it would look more professional if you made your own flash intro - that way you could take off all of the "free flash advertising" junk.

I would be able to make a flash intro almost exactly like it for you - just feel free and contact me.

Seth Goings
I hate flash intro's.....As soon as i hit a site with one...i'm gone!

My vote is to concentrate on your main page.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Member

That's why I told him I'd like to help him out with the flash intro - he doesn't have an option to opt-out of the flash intro.

I always put an html page up that lets you choose if you want to see it or not.

Seth