Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-24-2005, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Member

My history!

My name is David, and I'm located in S. Indiana, Mitchell to be exact. I've been mowing for about 5 years now. Being 16 when I started all I had was a little lawn boy and my dad's sears special weed eater. I started with just mowing the neighbors yard and my grandparents. All in all I think it was about 2-3 yards. The next year I teamed up with my cousins, we had a craftsman rider, 2 lawn boys, and some trimmer. All of this was being pulled by a 77 chevy pickup. We eventually grew and the last year we were up to 30 accounts, and mowing 2 days a week. We had an older grasshopper with 48 inch cut, a 33 inch Troy Bilt wide cut, a misc. push mower, trimmer, blower, etc... Well this year rolls around and I was ready to mow, one cousin got an internship with one of the local judges, the other only wanted to do about 10 yards or so. So, right now I have about 20 accounts and I'm cuttin still with the 33 inch troy bilt, but I bought a brand new red max blower and trimmer this year, and I'm in the final process of getting loan so I can add a 48 inch scag wb to the fleet. Still I'm haulin with that 77 chevy pick up. So, that's my story. Anyone in the Southern Indiana region, step forward and id yourself!
Old 05-25-2005, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi
I also am in southern Indiana, Evansville and Newburgh. I am in my second year of being incorporated. I did yard care for a few years before I went official. I donít have any big equipment. I am running a 2003 21Ē John Deere JX 75, Shindaiwa EB 630 back pack blower and Shindaiwa C4 2510 multipurpose tool with the edger and trimmer attachments. I have a 1984 Chevy ĺ ton C20 cargo van. I carry every thing in the van. I buy bulk 32db reduction hearing protection, eye protection and respirators. I get them from a fire and safety vendor. I require all of my crew use the protection. I also use the protection religiously. I started out with a 1960ís Cooper mower I inherited from my grandfather and an echo trimmer I received from a customer on trade for lawn service. That was maybe 4 years ago.

T.E.I.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Member

All of my dads family is from evansville!