Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-04-2000, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm about to by a Walker with the 26hp<br>Kohler efi motor and 48&quot;GHS deck.I was <br>wondering how much they are costing in the <br>states,so I can do a quick conversion into<br>Aussie dollars(Pacific Peso),to make sure I'm<br>not getting shafted here.Also how do the <br>efi Kohlers perform?Reliable?<p>Karl<br>
Old 05-04-2000, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would not buy the 26hp fuel injected engine I would buy the I beleive it is the 24.5 kobota.Why might you ask?????Well I was talking to my distribuer about it and they are not even going to be selling that model.He said the reason is that for the same price you can buy the kabota model and that engine will out last the 26hp kohler.I have rented one of the kobota models and I will tell you those humm like a bee and have awsome torque.I was renting it in the winter becouse our walker broke down.The engine has so much power that a 3'' square peice of cast iron went into my blower.The engine hardly strained at all.The chain snapped on the blower.The funny thing is that we did not know what happened until we noticed the the blower was not shooting any snow out!The model I am taking about is a gas model.It is also very good on fuel.Try one out!I beleive the life on those engines last to about 4000hrs.Now what do you think about that!<p>from:Adam<p>AB Lawn Care
Old 05-04-2000, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a price sheet from a local dealer. I just picked up a MT48GHS25 w/ lo pro tires 9.5bushel GHS 25 HP Kohler upgrade. This unit sells in my area for $8995 US. Add $500 for the 26HP Kohler. If your interested I can e-mail you the sheet. It list all the possible combinations with List prices. 5%-10% is then deducted from that number.
Old 05-04-2000, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Member

One last thought regarding the Kubota engines. I know they have a great rep. But I also can tell you a few stories that would make you think twice about buying one. Being liquid cooled is a great feature and will extend motor life to approx 4000-4500 hours. Truthfully the reason that air cooled gas engines are rated so low ie: 2500-3000 hours has more to do with maintanence schedules than the design. If you are fanatical about your maintenence you can compete with any LC motor in terms of life. Check previous posts you will find Kohler running 4K+ on well maintained machines.
Old 05-05-2000, 06:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have a price sheet here for Walkers sold in my neck of Wisconsin and your combo is <br>mtghs20 hp= 8053.00<br>+<br>42&quot; deck=1347.00<br>+<br>upcharge for 26 kohler=863.00<br>+<br>upcharge for 48&quot;deck=74.00<br>+<br>delivery charge=150.00<br>+<br>sales tax for Uncle Tommy (governor)5%<br>For a couple a Fosters I can e-mail ya any combo of prices. I have prices for all of the options too (seats aerators dethatchers) so if you need these prices tap me a mail. <p>What does it cost you down unda?
Old 05-05-2000, 06:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Price quote to me was $21868 (AUD).<br>58 Aussie cents per US dollar.This price includes ATV tyres and manual deck lift option.As for Fosters,nobody here drinks that<br>crap.Do what Aussie tourists do in the US,<br>drink Moose Head.Nice beer.
Old 05-05-2000, 06:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

And I thought I had it bad in canada.<p>P.S.I'm sure that moose head is made in canada.That's why you would like it!