Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-04-2005, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thumbs down "Dave, Dave, Dave,.............this Guys A Loser"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZ982500
I went to a a customers rental property to perform some additional work.The work involved digging with pick and shovel an area 15x15 so a pad of cruched stone could be layed out followed by concrete steps.The areas needed to be dug out a foot deep and existing dirt had to be removed.Also, drainage pipe had to be layed about 25 feet in a hole. I did not estimate this since I cut 7 lawns for him .His residence , and 6 rentals.He pays ok.The trick was loaded down took 5 hours to complete job tranport material away.At the end of the job he said 80.00 dollars is adequate.I tried to justify 150.00 .DID NOT HAPPEN.He wanted me to perform SealCoating in the future , which after this I am defintely not going to do.I have all the properties for snowplowing too.I thinking of saying the H.. with this guy the problem is I generate some income here and don"t want to let them go until the end of the season.I felt taken adavantage of on this job.Any thoughts.DAVE.
Listen, it doesent matter if this guy is "Donald Trump", always give a written estimate or at the very least a verbal cost......Never, never, never, let a client dictate prices to you.....Who's the "Landscaper" here anyway?....I agree with Treedoc, your prices are way to low anyway,[ I would have gotten at least $200 just to dig that hole, aand if the dirt stayed on the property, maybe another $50-75 to lose it?. "Dude" every thing you do has a value, make sure you get paid for it or decline that part of the job!] You need to start breaking down you services on paper, followed by a cost, to get a better idea of how to price.......If this "Slick Client" comes back with a "Look at all the work I give You", be sure to let him know right there and then, that you appreciate his buisness and you Already take that into consideration on how you priced the other work you do for him!.....If hes not willing to pay for the quality or dependability of the work you preform, than so be it......Lose Him Now!!!!!!!.......Run Dont Walk From This Account.