Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-07-2005, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Share your check sheet.

I was just wondering what , if any, sort of check sheets do you all use for various jobs. And are you willing to share them ?

I did my first lawn renovation (still doing it actually). Its a small yard, approx 1000 ft/sq , and although I gave a prety fair estimate covering just about everything I could think of at the time, I found that I forgot to include a few things which isnt a big deal siince its a small job. However had this been a bigger job It could have been a problem. I was thinking, if I had a check sheet jobs like this, It would be a big help.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Carefull

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadHawk
I was just wondering what , if any, sort of check sheets do you all use for various jobs. And are you willing to share them ?

I did my first lawn renovation (still doing it actually). Its a small yard, approx 1000 ft/sq , and although I gave a prety fair estimate covering just about everything I could think of at the time, I found that I forgot to include a few things which isnt a big deal siince its a small job. However had this been a bigger job It could have been a problem. I was thinking, if I had a check sheet jobs like this, It would be a big help.

You are on the right track,and you have to be carefull that they do nt add xtra work at n more moey!Especiall pickng up limbs,ball,toys etc..They will also try to add prunning and de weedig flower beds things of that nature...don't be afraid to add xtra charges when needed........hope this helps!
Old 06-10-2005, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks. and yea, Ive given in to some customers for odd extras, but realise that it eats up time and of course time is money. Live and learn.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadHawk
Thanks. and yea, Ive given in to some customers for odd extras, but realise that it eats up time and of course time is money. Live and learn.
Also, if you give in once on one small thing they will expect you to do that every time. And usually they will come up with other small things that add up quickly.
Shindaiwa M230 multi tool
w/ trimmer and edger attachments
2 Shindaiwa EB630 blowers
Shindaiwa Dh230 20 inch TCL hedge trimmer
03 Scag Tiger cub 48 inch cut
01 Scag Cougar 48 inch cut bagger (sold)
6.5x14 open lawn care trailer
22 inch cut craftsman S.P. push mower
16 inch bar Homelite Ranger chain saw