Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-30-2000, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have been working on a big contract (1,150,000 sq ft.)I would want 2 60&quot; mowers<br>a lazer will run about $8,000<br>I have a frind that works for MTD and gets a good discount, which would make the pro 60&quot; $4,800. don't get me wrong, I LOVE my lazer but I can almost get 2 MTD's for the price of one lazer
Old 04-30-2000, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Good thing. From what I hear you will need two, one will always be in the shop. j/k <p>Go with the Exmarks. 1.15 million sq feet should generate some jack. You should be able to afford them.
Old 05-01-2000, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not to that its any of my business but how much can you get for a job like that<br>
Old 05-03-2000, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey jhon-<br>it all depends on what you're mowing; if you're doing the drop zone at Lahm airport you should get Ford's w/ a 3 pt. mower,or JD's 955, etc. If it's Meijer's, that's prety rough too actually- use a tractor type again. If it's relatively smooth, get some dixie's- they run great on flat, wide open mowing. There's one in Ohio Auto-RV the past few weeks. Suburban turbin with 2 20hp motors & a 72&quot; cut for $7600. 1998 model- not bad.<br>If you specify more detail about the grounds in question, we can give a better diagnosis. <br>The drop zone at the airport will eat a dixie or lazer, scag, etc. type mower for breakfast. Way too rough terrain.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>
Old 05-03-2000, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

well forget that!<p>it was for rubbermaid in wooster <br>total for contract was around $150,000 per year. All work, Snow, mulch, mowing, triming ect. just found out I was beat by a few hundred bucks. THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>I will check out that dixe though, I didn't konw they had come to this area yet. is there a dealer nearby? <p><br>
Old 05-04-2000, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

don't feel bad john; most likely it was someone who had an inside scoop. Rarely do people just &quot;happen&quot; to bid that close on that big a property. They'll bid just low enuf to get the job, & mgt. can say they went with the lowest bid. <br>The dixie is used & in the Ohio Auto RV trader (the free one). There is a dixie dealer, I believe, in Loudonville? Check their website for dealer location.<br>Don't feel bad; I lost a few this season that way, tho not as big as that.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>