Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-08-2005, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Member

what would you charge

ok i had a guy call me up and asked me to go look at his yard....he wanted someone to mow it...he told me it was 80x 100 and he didnt want to spend more then 10.00..went and looked at it it was about a medium sized yard so i told him i could do it for 18.00 (usuailly start at 20.00)he said it takes him 45 minutes he does half one day and then does the other half..i told him id trim edges and around all his trees (he has alot of trees)and blow off sidewalk..he just wants to get it done for free moreless i think....
38" mtd rider
34 cc straight shaft weedboss trimmer
18" poulan pro chain saw
craftsman 18"hedge trimmer
echo handheld blower
Old 06-08-2005, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAN'S LAWN CARE
ok i had a guy call me up and asked me to go look at his yard....he wanted someone to mow it...he told me it was 80x 100 and he didnt want to spend more then 10.00..went and looked at it it was about a medium sized yard so i told him i could do it for 18.00 (usuailly start at 20.00)he said it takes him 45 minutes he does half one day and then does the other half..i told him id trim edges and around all his trees (he has alot of trees)and blow off sidewalk..he just wants to get it done for free moreless i think....
I would have told me have a nice day
Old 06-08-2005, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I have to agree with Meathead. I wouldn't even unload my equipment for under $25.00 for an 80x100 lot. Especially if there are alot of trees to trim around.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

goodbye

When he said on the phone that he wanted to keep it under $10, I would have told him to find a neighbor kid to do it, and good luck.

I have only one lawn this year that is $20. They told me they wanted to keep it to a $20 price.....so tha'ts what I did, and I only cut the front. The back yard is hard to get a mower to, and not much grass, so they cut the back. It's an open area with no obstacles, takes me 10 mins tops, maybe 15 when its long and gets edged.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

most of the subdivision lots around here are that exact size and the going rate is 50-60 for mow, edge trim and blow. I would have said "have a great day sir and I hope you find what you are looking for"

Eating up the competition!
Old 06-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=mastercare]When he said on the phone that he wanted to keep it under $10, I would have told him to find a neighbor kid to do it, and good luck.

/QUOTE]

Exactly! No way would I waste a minute longer with a dumbass like that.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Some of the lawns I picked up from LCO that wanted out are at twenty dollars and under priced in IMO. I told these folks since I was taking over a month or so into the season I would not change the price for this season.

All lawns I picked up on my own no matter how small are told up front I have a twenty-five minimum (most residential lawns are forty to fifty-five dollars). Next season all twenty dollar lawns will be told they will be increased to that minimum.

-Geoff
Old 06-08-2005, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

If you can mow a lawn for $18.00 and make money have at it. I would walk a way. Be afraid be very afraid.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax99
If you can mow a lawn for $18.00 and make money have at it. I would walk a way. Be afraid be very afraid.
NOW this is what bites my a** . you got people say they will mow acres for 15 -35 bucks and you will go down to 18 and some of you don't get out of the truck for less then 25 and then some are 40-55 . How can people do this is beyond me . But i guess I'm the one who's seeing it wrong ??? who knows?? But if any one can point out the point please do !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its like this the other day a local cheap skate asks me if i can do a yard in a small town about 4 mins away for 25 he said it wont take no more then 10 min ok. So i go look at it it hasn't been cut all year and its a good size at least 50X100 and then 75X75 i tell him its 60 dollar when its kept up for that it will be 145 . I thought he was gonna die . I cant play them price game I'm always high and if i get a feeling i go higher and then work it down to still more then what the next guy will pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!! But with some of the prices some of the guys on here use i find it hard to see them doing it for beer money .
Old 06-09-2005, 06:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Let

Let the kid next door do for that littlemoney. It's not worth it.Pluse don't let him snow you into thinking he can get you more business, it almost never happens.