Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-11-2005, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimmygew
I can see a 140 lb man getting off a mower in the ghetto with a ball bat and getting shot in less than two seconds.
Yeah I was gonna say. Im a God fearing country boy too but I was born and raised inner city before being transplanted too. A redneck like me aint no match for a whole housing project because if you mess with one you get em all after you
Old 06-11-2005, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&KLawnCare
Must not or ya wouldnt have these friggen jerks in society ,

Just like the friggen law running 1/2 scared at big street gangs Like ms-13 and other s . Ahhhhhh Give me a break ya know the gang is all killers and a waste of oxygen to be left alive , grab a damn swat team and arm their ass with ak-47s and in one round of action ya could mow down the gang , But ya have to many damn bledding hearts in this world , Kill thousands of ours in the towers but oh my god dont touch one of those towel head MF'rs or ya have hell . Bullshit if it would have been up to me we would be redrawing Maps , Cause irag,afganistan, kuwait would be a big friggen hole in the ground .

Someone had an extra bowl of BITC*Flakes this morning. Chill man. Take your pills. Blowing everyone that aint like you up aint the solution. We are all stuck on this planet together. Might as well learn to get along and FAST
Old 06-11-2005, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thumbs up "Here We Call That Real Stupid"

"Nothing like leaving $95,000.00 on the table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"....Beating Anybody, is beating them and still keeping you dignity....this clearly wasnt done & that guy seemed like an Arogant Loser........or will be, as soon as he starts missing those mower payments....not like any contract job i've ever seen pays on time?......At least that "Scrub" will be outa everybodies hair
Old 06-11-2005, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve122
Thanks for the info on the mowers, bet you don't take them in the low spots after a hard rain.
22 schools in a good neighborhood, with residents who care about each other, and their surroundings could/should be do-able as you describe. These schools are in a city with the lowest income levels in the state, 65-70% of residents on welfare, no industry or jobs, drug dealers on every corner, corrupt city hall, patronage and cronyizm on the school board and in the schools. You would spend a good percentage of your time picking up trash, fixing flat tires because of the broken wine whiskey and beer bottles that litter the place. It is not the kind of environment that is conducive to effficient operations. Every bit of equipment you are not holding in your hand has to be under lock and key at every moment. It isn't just a matter of going an mowing and trimming. No one in the neighborhood or the school is going to lift one finger to pick up any trash that is thrown down, no one will offer any assistance if you are bothered by passing drug addicts or alcoholics, the kids stand and stare at you as if no one has ever told them a mower is dangerous and that they should move out of the area, and when you stop, shut off the mower and politely ask them to move out of the area for 5 minutes so you can mow, they look at you like your stupid and go on with what they were doing. As an example of the attitude we have to put up with I'll tell this story.One of my employees is black, is married to a white woman. They work together in one of the low income housing projects that we mow. This spring she was picking up trash in an area to be mowed, and one of the residents got in an argument with her about how well she was picking up the trash. Now, bear in mind the housing authority has a full time emplyee whose only job is SUPPOSED to be picking up trash, 40 hours a week. We usually fill 4-5 55gal heavy duty trash bags before we can cut the grass. So, this black gal proceeds to tell her 'a white ***** like you should be down on your hands and knees picking up that trash, cause of the way you white folks have treated us'. Well when the shouting and hairpulling was over, and the cops had gone home, I get a call from the housing authority threatening to pull our contract becasue of the way my employee acted. Not all residents are like this, there are some really nice people whom we have met over the years and they live in fear of the radicals and drug dealers also. But, with those conditions and attitudes, I don't think your 22 schools can be compared to this. $150,000 is not enough money for this job.
493... 494... 495... I'm counting my blessings. You know what our biggest worry is? Getting stuck in septic fields (a lot of rural schools) The big mower pulls out the small mower, big mower doesn't go near the soft spots. The kids move for us, the janitors pick up trash & give the crew popsicles on hot days, teachers move gym classes for us. We leave the keys in the mowers and truck most of the time. We don't even know anybody who owns a gun. We thought his price was high. but I guess that includes danger pay.

In the housing project we do we get about a grocery bag of garbage a week. :blush: I guess it's a whole different life there.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather lawn sp
493... 494... 495... I'm counting my blessings. You know what our biggest worry is? Getting stuck in septic fields (a lot of rural schools) The big mower pulls out the small mower, big mower doesn't go near the soft spots. The kids move for us, the janitors pick up trash & give the crew popsicles on hot days, teachers move gym classes for us. We leave the keys in the mowers and truck most of the time. We don't even know anybody who owns a gun. We thought his price was high. but I guess that includes danger pay.

In the housing project we do we get about a grocery bag of garbage a week. :blush: I guess it's a whole different life there.
Yes, sounds like you have many blessings to count. It would be a wonderful world if everyone behaved like the people you deal with, instead of the way they act in these areas. Now you can understand why he beat the big boys by almost $100,000. They had a more realistic understanding of what was going to happen on this contract. The guy will probably make wages for the year, and wonder why he doesn't have any extra cash at end of the year, especially come tax time, but he will either wise up and bid realistically next time, or continue to keep himself busy for a paycheck and out of the way for the rest of us. Wish I could spend my days mowing in conditions like yours.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&KLawnCare
Must not or ya wouldnt have these friggen jerks in society ,

Just like the friggen law running 1/2 scared at big street gangs Like ms-13 and other s . Ahhhhhh Give me a break ya know the gang is all killers and a waste of oxygen to be left alive , grab a damn swat team and arm their ass with ak-47s and in one round of action ya could mow down the gang , But ya have to many damn bledding hearts in this world , Kill thousands of ours in the towers but oh my god dont touch one of those towel head MF'rs or ya have hell . Bullshit if it would have been up to me we would be redrawing Maps , Cause irag,afganistan, kuwait would be a big friggen hole in the ground .
Man, you are scary. I don't think your attitude is any more civilized than that of the residents we have been talking about. Both groups of you need to go back to kindergarden and re-learn the idea of 'do unto others as you would have done to you'. The world would be a better place if everyone did this, Violence has not proved to be the answer yet, it only breeds more violence as every seeks to get even for what was last done to them. Laws and civility are the grease that keeps the wheels of a society moving, not violence and revenge.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Man, you are scary. I don't think your attitude is any more civilized than that of the residents we have been talking about. Both groups of you need to go back to kindergarden and re-learn the idea of 'do unto others as you would have done to you'. The world would be a better place if everyone did this,
Yea i agree the world would be lovley , But untill someone lowers a real hard boom down on these thug's , Their is not gonna be no peace in big cities,

i just get sick and tired of every day someone gets murderd , kids get raped, ect ect and johnny law aint got the guts to put a end to the **** .

maybe that my better 1/2 went to VA to watermelon park for a day has me little worried but she is home now . But this gang has showed up at that camp ground , and read this crap and you will see why someone like me gets tired of the law running scared . whene their duite is proctect people . Gang members, who sport numerous tattoos on their bodies and faces, wear blue and white colors taken from the El Salvadoran flag. Their membership is estimated to total over 36,000 in the Honduras alone. Members typically range in age from 11 to 40 years old. Their progressive increase in violent activities and careless disregard for the law (threats and attacks against law enforcement officials is common), has made them the most feared gang in the United States. MS-13 criminal activities include drug smuggling, gun running, people smuggling, hits for hire, theft, drug sales, arson, and of course, strong arming the locals. Their wide-ranging activities and elevated status has even caught the eye of the FBI who recently initiated wide-scale raids against known and suspected gang members netting hundreds of arrests across the country.

Their penchant for violence is renowned. Members often arrive in the United States with fighting skills gained in military training and are particularly adept with machetes. In March 2004, the Maldon Institute, a Washington DC based think tank, released a report detailing the violent methods MS-13 used, including their increasingly typical (and disturbing) calling card. MS-13 often leaves behind dismembered corpses, complete with the decapitated head, at the scene of their murders. Often a grim note is attached to the body.

In a recent Texas incident, a MS-13 gang member admitted that he had led the gang rape of a 24 year-old woman and then kicked her in the neck with such force that it killed her. During questioning, the MS-13 member further acknowledged robbing and beating a small child in Houston and to stabbing an Alexander, Texas man three times in an attempt to kill him.

Last edited by C&KLawnCare; 06-12-2005 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Member

C&K

I agree with you...good posts.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you act on half of the garbage that you have spewed on here you are no better than the people you are assulting. The only morals and "laws" that you would be upholding are your own. Get over yourself. If laws were meant to be created, upheld and enforced by the general public instead of specially trained persons, there would be no need for enforcment agencies of any kind.

Old 06-12-2005, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
If you act on half of the garbage that you have spewed on here you are no better than the people you are assulting. The only morals and "laws" that you would be upholding are your own. Get over yourself. If laws were meant to be created, upheld and enforced by the general public instead of specially trained persons, there would be no need for enforcment agencies of any kind.
Yea lets see ya talk that **** whene , This kind of crime hits close to home .
My step sons teacher lost a son in Iraq . For what??? , Good freind of mine got murderd in a truckstop by some druged up (*&_&**( that wouldnt have the brains to add 1+1 , Ya gonna sit their and tell me you wouldnt want some one to start knocking the total hell out of these people ,

(trained persons, there would be no need for enforcment agencies of any kind)

No buddie u get over your self , 85% of the law enforcment is bigger crooks than they idiots they chase, How many times have we seen on news and stuff 5 mile chases Give me a break that SOB dont stop in 1/2 a mile take out the tires , You dont take other peoples live at stake running a high speed chase just cause your to stupid to use force.