Advanced Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-27-2001, 09:01 PM
LARSON LARSON is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: BELOIT, WI
Posts: 10
HI everyone I'm looking at starting the lawn care business. I all ready have a ZRT,blower,weedeater,exc.... do I need to get some kind of license? Should I just start with residential frist? I will thank you for your replies.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 09:48 PM
Randy Scott Randy Scott is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,915
LARSON, welcome to LawnSite. I live in Wisconsin also. As far as acquiring a business license goes you need to contact the State and they will give you the information you need. You can go online to get that info and have it mailed to you. They have a website and this is it. Read through it and see what applies to you.
As far as being licensed to apply pesticides, you can obtain that information online also. You must be certified to apply any pesticides like weed, insect, disease control products and so on. Granular or liquid, doesn't matter. They have a website also, it is
Hopefully this will help get you going. Just keep asking questions and eventually you will get answers. I found the state to be very easy to work with. The pesticide training is quite detailed compared to some states and does require testing of some extensive information from their training manuals. Good luck and hope this helps you!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Grand View Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.05877 seconds with 8 queries