Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-13-2005, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

nut

Saturday was a day to get all tools ready for the week, replaced blades, rewind spools etc....

Got to the Echo edger to replace the blade, stripped the cheap nut that was there.....had to cut it off...spent the rest of the weekend looking for a nut....LH 10mm...no luck...

Checked the Echo website for help, gave me three companies, called the first and biggest one first thing...."No we don't got it, call some local nut and bolt places" WTF was this??? I called 4 companies that sell nuts and bolts...nothing but 30 minutes wasted.......I went back to the website and called number 2, "Nope don't carry that bolt"....its a nut you a$$!!!!

Did not want to call number 3, very bad part of town folks, you best be armed if you head that way...I called....this lady was awesome, she told me to get there pretty quick and they would get me going......grabbed the Glock and headed out......25 minutes later, pulled up to this junker little business and went inside, these people were awesome, got me up and running for under $1.00, I bought an extra nut just in case....I e-mailed Echo and told them to move this little shop to the top because the other two flat out suck!!! Sorry I had to vent!!
Old 06-13-2005, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of Glock do you have? I have a Sig 226

Roll Tide Roll
Old 06-13-2005, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Glock 9mm, got it when I was in the Sheriff's Dept.////High capacity clips, 18 each and 1 in the chamber......want a Glock 40...awesome weapon..
Old 06-13-2005, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Lowes here carries reverse threaded nuts. Look in thoes little parts drawers by the nuts and bolts. I picked up a reverse nut for my stick edger in a pinch.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Martinez
Glock 9mm, got it when I was in the Sheriff's Dept.////High capacity clips, 18 each and 1 in the chamber......want a Glock 40...awesome weapon..
You feel safe with a 9 as your primary weapon? I guess if you shoot for the head. I have a Springfield Armory HD-40. 10 round magazines +1 in the chamber. Streamlight light & laser sight in case you try to break in at night.

Kevin
Old 06-13-2005, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah the 9 is a little weak, need a Glock 10.....direct hit to the shoulder for a sure knockdown.....the 9mm will have to be emptied for sure.....no two shot there!! 40 is the way to go!! PT night sites is all I got for now!!
Old 06-13-2005, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Yeah the 9 is a little weak, need a Glock 10.....direct hit to the shoulder for a sure knockdown.....the 9mm will have to be emptied for sure.....no two shot there!! 40 is the way to go!! PT night sites is all I got for now!!

The only problem with Glocks in other calibers is that the Glock was made specifically made for the 9mm. A lot of PDs have had problems with the Glocks in 40, because the glock has unsupported chambers which equals Kabooms in the chamber. There have been a lot of studies about Glocks and it was proven that a glock in 9mm will last almost 200,000 rounds where a Glock 40 will only last around 40,000 rounds. If you want I will send you a blown up glock, just send me your email. Just remeber when the 40 was developed, it was made to be a hollow point design and it is very ineffective as a fmj design. Your not underpowered with the 9mm, there have been a lot of studies with the Ill. State police and they found the 9mm in +p 115 was a very effective round.

I personally love Sigs, but I plan on getting a Glock 19 for carry.

What kind of 9mm ammo are you carrying in your Glock?

Hows buisness been in Texas, as I am moving to Houston next month to restart back up?

Roll Tide Roll
Old 06-13-2005, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thumbs up "A crumby little shop in Hell"

Quote:
Saturday was a day to get all tools ready for the week, replaced blades, rewind spools etc....

Got to the Echo edger to replace the blade, stripped the cheap nut that was there.....had to cut it off...spent the rest of the weekend looking for a nut....LH 10mm...no luck...

Checked the Echo website for help, gave me three companies, called the first and biggest one first thing...."No we don't got it, call some local nut and bolt places" WTF was this??? I called 4 companies that sell nuts and bolts...nothing but 30 minutes wasted.......I went back to the website and called number 2, "Nope don't carry that bolt"....its a nut you a$$!!!!

Did not want to call number 3, very bad part of town folks, you best be armed if you head that way...I called....this lady was awesome, she told me to get there pretty quick and they would get me going......grabbed the Glock and headed out......25 minutes later, pulled up to this junker little business and went inside, these people were awesome, got me up and running for under $1.00, I bought an extra nut just in case....I e-mailed Echo and told them to move this little shop to the top because the other two flat out suck!!! Sorry I had to vent!!
Hope you do what you can for that place?, I'm sure you'll need other hardware in the winter when you break down your equipment?....wasnt it nice [ better than goin to the "Home Depot"....a real piece of "Americana"
Old 06-13-2005, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hd

Home depot was no help at all, the Lowe's here is a joke....got into a verbal fight with the manager of Lowe's last week, took them 35 minutes to get my stone order to the gate to load....got there at 8:05 am, not busy at all, paid for it, cashier told me it would be at the gate in 5 minutes....nothing...gave them 10 more minutes to get it...nothing, went back to the cashier...she called again up front.....got on my cell and called the store, spoke to a manager of sales....he was rude, told me someone was working on it...my a$$, I could see the pallets of stone??? Walked up to some suits that had the Lowe's badges....pissed them off...2 minutes later crap was at the gate....never again to Lowe's.........

Southern.....running Federal Pre. 124 Hydra shocks hollow point.....great bullet...

Business is getting better, it hotter than Hell, so this is weeding out some LCO, I just bought a 16' Top Hat trailer for $1400.00...3 months old.....guy is selling all his stuff...the heat will kill ya if not careful...you will do fine....to much grass to cut...
Old 06-13-2005, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Ummmm...the Glock 9 clips (pre-ban and Law Enforcement) only hold 17 rounds there my friend..

A friend of mine has a trophy wife……..apparently she wasn’t 1st place though

...Amateurs built the Ark but professionals built the Titanic...

...YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID...