Register free!

Old 06-21-2005, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My 3 year old's first fish...

Boatmotor was in the shop being repaired so took my oldest out for a little shoreline fishing. This is his first catch...pretty happy boy! He caught about 5 bluegills in about 15 minutes, now of course he thinks fishing is easy...

It's a little hard to make out, but it's down by his feet. I don't know who was more proud, me of him, or him catching the fish. I figured Camland, Lux lawn, Green Pro and FGA would enjoy this pic.

Tackle used...Scooby Doo rod, bobber, & waxie.

Buck
Attached Images

Last edited by Up North; 06-21-2005 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thought I'd throw in a pic of some stripes up & down my driveway. May be a little hard to make out, but it looks pretty cool in person. I think you should be able to see one side.

Buck
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2005, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The smile on his face says it all.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

How much land do you have up there? Looks like your son had a great time out there.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOLIE
How much land do you have up there? Looks like your son had a great time out there.
Hoolie, we have 15 acres here on the homesite. It backs up to 160 acres of state land, so we have plenty of trails and room to roam. Yeah he had a good time, ECS said it best...the smile says it all. He's been out ice fishing with me a couple times and in the boat once but this was his first catch.

Buck
Old 06-21-2005, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I went fishing here in our private subdivision lake. Ten minutes goes by and my cell phone rings. It was my two year old girl pissed cause I did not take her with me. I won't make that mistake twice. We are about to have a little boy in a couple of weeks. But I have feeling, she is going to be with daddy on every hunting and fishing trips. All I can say, THANK GOD FOR KIDS!
Old 06-22-2005, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

BUCK--whassup with the BAMBINO and the GRIN???

I grin twice that big when I catch a minnow half that size....

GEO
Old 06-22-2005, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up North
Hoolie, we have 15 acres here on the homesite. It backs up to 160 acres of state land, so we have plenty of trails and room to roam. Yeah he had a good time, ECS said it best...the smile says it all. He's been out ice fishing with me a couple times and in the boat once but this was his first catch.

Buck
Well you got me beat, Buck. I only have around 8,000 sqft...and when I mow it, I feel like I'm wasting time, not making any money

In the picture, next to the transformer box, what is that, your pet moose?
Old 06-22-2005, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Got to Love it. Youngest turned 3 today. Took half the day and went fishin. caught about 15 Bows and one brown.
3rd boy is due in sept and waiting to go hunting for elk. Have a big pow wow with the family during elk season, Big cammping trip for myself and the boys. Wife enjoys it also.
Kids??? Just the king bees of tommarrow. Looking forward when the oldest can help me reguarly. Hes 5 now and cant wait.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up North
He caught about 5 bluegills in about 15 minutes, now of course he thinks fishing is easy...
Naw Buck, that's how you do it. Set them up with a passion that will last a lifetime. Get them success at it early & often. My gals are both fishin' maniacs! When we were in PA, out fishing at a lake with a bunch of our cousins....nothing was biting. My 10 yo said "daddy can you make me a pole with a couple of weights?" Everyone was using corks/worms. I rigged her up with some split shot, took a couple steps down the bank & she said "no! I'll do it......." So she takes the rod walks about 50 yds., starts to cast & bounce if off the bottom. Jigging. She lands a bass, yellow perch & one brim all in about 20 min. Totally schooled us all.

The backdrop to this day was a number of times out down here. Some insane days on the sound where rockfish were hitting rattle traps on just about every throw. Bluefish off the pier on every cast. Brim on flyrod in the middle of the summer. Now.........when we go & nothing is completely turned on like that she can ride out the slow bites.