Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-22-2005, 07:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya Gr Grass been in many blue fish frenzies myself.Cast after cast pulling in blues.They put up a great fight .Standing on the jetties you can see them chasing the lure and have to slow it down for them to hit,three or four after it at times.

Great pic of a happy kid Buck.Lawn looks nice too.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down East
Ya Gr Grass been in many blue fish frenzies myself.Cast after cast pulling in blues.They put up a great fight .Standing on the jetties you can see them chasing the lure and have to slow it down for them to hit,three or four after it at times.

Great pic of a happy kid Buck.Lawn looks nice too.
yeah man, that's a good time for sure. The rock get thick like that sometimes too....what a blast! I remember this one run.....I threw the rattle trap up next to shore & actually got it stuck on the bank just barely touching the water. So I'm trying to pull if off & a rock comes up and smashes it off! I landed that fish.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOLIE
Well you got me beat, Buck. I only have around 8,000 sqft...and when I mow it, I feel like I'm wasting time, not making any money

In the picture, next to the transformer box, what is that, your pet moose?
LOL! I didn't even notice it in the picture. That's my Delta Buck (target) for shooting my bow. Don't worry, I really feel like I'm wasting my time with our lawn...mow about 2 1/2 acres and don't get paid.

Geo, I smile wide just being on the lake...don't even need to catch a fish!

Buck
Old 06-22-2005, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Good going Buck, to you and your son. You know the saying? The fishings always good but the catching can suck some times
Old 06-22-2005, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up North
Boatmotor was in the shop being repaired so took my oldest out for a little shoreline fishing. This is his first catch...pretty happy boy! He caught about 5 bluegills in about 15 minutes, now of course he thinks fishing is easy...

It's a little hard to make out, but it's down by his feet. I don't know who was more proud, me of him, or him catching the fish. I figured Camland, Lux lawn, Green Pro and FGA would enjoy this pic.

Tackle used...Scooby Doo rod, bobber, & waxie.

Buck
great pics buck!
i was catching seaweed at his age.. and occasionally my grandpa's lines from underneath the boat good job.

also, in the second pic, is that deer or whatever that is, on the right real?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

great pics! I'm at about th esame age with my boys now, turning 3 in august. the smile on their faces is worth all the hard work, long nights, and whatever it took to get them this far.

I'll have to throw up a pic or two as well when I get them. My one son had more fun "throwing" the fish back then catching it I think

already planning some fishing trips as they get older. now I know exactly how my dad felt when i was younger. there's not too many things people can relate to exactly in the same way now a days as compared to when our parents were young, but fishing is one of them. the simple excitement seems to be unaffected by time. nature is the way to go
Old 06-22-2005, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fga
great pics buck!
i was catching seaweed at his age.. and occasionally my grandpa's lines from underneath the boat good job.

also, in the second pic, is that deer or whatever that is, on the right real?
Adam,
I remember snagging my dad's line a few times...first couple times it was funny and okay...after that I could tell by the look on his face it wasn't so cool anymore. :blush:

That deer in the picture is for practicing with my bow, I know you probably don't like to hear that, but I am an avid hunter and always will be as that is how I was raised. Two huge passions in my life, my boys and the outdoors. Soon they will both be at an age where we can all enjoy the the outdoors together (if they wish). It don't get any better then that, for me anyway.

Twins, we need to see some new pics of your boys. And you're absolutely right about the efforts we go through as parents to put a smile on their face. The one thing that I really wish for is that my dad was still here to enjoy his grandsons, nothing in this world would have put a bigger smile on his face. I could also pay him the respect he deserved as now I know what it's like being a father. I've realized after having two boys of my own that my dad was truly one of the best, hands down.

Buck
Old 06-22-2005, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderthandirt
Good going Buck, to you and your son. You know the saying? The fishings always good but the catching can suck some times
Yep, right on Mac. If I only went hunting & fishing just to bring something home or limit out...I'd have quit a long time ago. Being out there is the fuel for my fire, anything on the end of my line or in my sights is just a bonus.

Buck
Old 06-22-2005, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Buck--Man that smile says it all right there..."look dad my first fish".He sure looks happy being out there with you,i'm sure both of your boys will grow up to be the outdoors men that you are.Like you say its to bad that your father isn't here to see it I bet he would be proud.Sorry you lost him so young.

I bet he wasn't smiling like that when you made him get out there and cut that 2.5 acre's of grass.

www.luxurylawninc.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/LarryN828
Old 06-22-2005, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Lawn
Buck--Man that smile says it all right there..."look dad my first fish".He sure looks happy being out there with you,i'm sure both of your boys will grow up to be the outdoors men that you are.Like you say its to bad that your father isn't here to see it I bet he would be proud.Sorry you lost him so young.

I bet he wasn't smiling like that when you made him get out there and cut that 2.5 acre's of grass.
Wait till he finds out it's called "work"...

Buck