Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-24-2005, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=klink34]blah blah blah blah blah! We've been hearing that for the past year that gas was going to go up to 3 dollars a gallon, a couple of months ago it was said that memorial day was going to hit record high, but if anyone paid any attention to the prices, it was actually the lowest it's been for awhile, hitting 1.84 in some places. The point is you can't go off of what the people predict, they over exaggerate. and what is .20? an extra 5.5, I know it looks shocking, but what can you do?.........mmmmmh, here its $2.29, cant wait for it to go up again?
Old 06-24-2005, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Paid like 1.89 2 weeks ago. Paid 2.08 yesterday. Seriously considering getting a 1000 gallon tank here and get it wholesale. Can save .40 cents a gallon or so I think. Going to look into it. As far as raising some or a fuel surcharge. Alot of delivery companies etc are charging a fuel surcharge. I know UPS is when we recive things at my pt job as well as the trucking companies.

I raised some rates this year that were low to begin with on accts hat I took over from my brother in law when he got out. There is a few accts I go out of my way for that I told them it was going to be XX more for a fuel charge and if fuel comes back down soon I would be happy to take it back off and they seemed understanding. New bids take this into acct.