Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-04-2005, 05:03 AM
LawnSite Member

This is the biggest issue for me...

The site is being built by my son (Ricky 15 y.old) once it's complete, I will send a link out to all my clients, in the following year around Autumn, all my past clients ( of almost 7 years) will recieve a link to my site.

Then, & only then, if I have made enough money to warrant it the site will be registered .

It's my business, considering I spend nothing of advertising each year, as I am full with work 3 weeks ahead of today & everyday, planning is my key- but a website is a nice toy!

As for today, the clients that have seen my (Free) site think it's great & the freewebs.. thing just show them I dont waste the money, I make on unprofitable resources my business doesn't really require...as for the job my son has done GREAT WORK ! my cleints also think the work he has done is excellent & it's also the thing of a family business web designer that grab's there attention the most client.

See giving your son the chance to show what he can do (re website) for me has bee more valuable to me than spending a couple of thousand dollars on a site full of other peoples words and jobs.

So stay tuned, you will want to see the pictures and the finished product!

Aussies dont to thing's by half
LawnSite Member

The site is being built by my son (Ricky 15 y.old) once it's complete, I will send a link out to all my clients, in the following year around Autumn, all my past clients ( of almost 7 years) will recieve a link to my site.

Then, & only then, if I have made enough money to warrant it the site will be registered .

It's my business, considering I spend nothing of advertising each year, as I am full with work 3 weeks ahead of today & everyday, planning is my key- but a website is a nice toy!

As for today, the clients that have seen my (Free) site think it's great & the freewebs.. thing just show them I dont waste the money, I make on unprofitable resources my business doesn't really require...as for the job my son has done GREAT WORK ! my cleints also think the work he has done is excellent & it's also the thing of a family business web designer that grab's there attention the most client.

See giving your son the chance to show what he can do (re website) for me has bee more valuable to me than spending a couple of thousand dollars on a site full of other peoples words and jobs.

LawnSite Member

LawnSite Member

Old 09-04-2005, 05:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Old 09-04-2005, 05:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Old 09-04-2005, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Ha, sorry about that the computer seemed to jamm :blob3:
Old 09-04-2005, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Member

You can say that again Toppy!

Ha Ha Ha
I hate when i do things like that it!!
Old 09-04-2005, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

you can mask that site name and use your own name for 7.95 per year http://www.namesecure.com/pages/doma...stration.jhtml I was paying 15 a year and they lowered it again.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Topcat
July 4th 2005, 180 visits no other comments.

Must be an Aussie thing :blush:

Free is good, Free is great - The web aint given me a dollar back yet! :blush:
You guys are doing the right thing for a Web site whose sole purpose is to provide a limited Internet presence you do NOT need a whole server.
It would be a different story if your name was Lowes.com then I would advise you do a bit of upgrading but as things stand for small businesses like ours, your free sites are as adequate as the paid ones.
If you get the URGE to upgrade, you'd do better by working on optimizing your graphics and getting your code in order long before you consider spending any money, the site will never be like Yahoo or MSN anyhow (no offense) because it is not supposed to be and there is no need.
In the meantime, free servers are generally capable of accomodating up to 50,000 hits/month and that translates to like 5 thousand visitors so if you get THAT much traffic well then you will likely also have enough cash to buy the WHOLE server at that point LOL!
Keep working on them a little here, a little there... I been working on my hobby site now for 5 years, much like your real-world business, the secret to a successful Internet presence is longevity, so I wish you the best of luck.
Oh and by the way, it took me 4 YEARS before my site earned enough of an income to pay for the server via sponsor-based programs, and there is a little extra but you assume correctly when you say the Internet doesn't hand out money for free and it is NOT easy to make it so, either.

Were the Website SUCH an important factor, I would've built my business site a long time ago and if anyone thinks Lco's get skru'd in the real world, you can feel free to tell them they haven't experienced skru'd until they've tried to earn money on the Internet.

Last edited by topsites; 09-23-2005 at 01:15 AM.