Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-08-2005, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey John,

maybe, but I'm not worried about the deck, I started this as general about the whole machine, they are making rear discharge decks for these over here, which is where my interest is.

When checking specs, I'm pretty impressed, these are very well built, tough machines, not cheap junk, love the light weight, for a diesel!

The deck, yeah that design is old, every diesel manufacturer has put these on, not an overly great deck, that's why here they throw em and put good purpose built decks on.

Will be looking at these closely next weekend and the new 997 j.d, and booking demos from there.

Wish those pics were better on the iseki site!

I have the brochure, nice!

It does look like a close relation to kubota....probably come from same factory, different engine, more plastic, different paint, there ya go!

Actually, the Kubota, do they use tin or plastic on their body?
Old 07-09-2005, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyr
Hey John,

maybe, but I'm not worried about the deck, I started this as general about the whole machine, they are making rear discharge decks for these over here, which is where my interest is.

When checking specs, I'm pretty impressed, these are very well built, tough machines, not cheap junk, love the light weight, for a diesel!

The deck, yeah that design is old, every diesel manufacturer has put these on, not an overly great deck, that's why here they throw em and put good purpose built decks on.

Will be looking at these closely next weekend and the new 997 j.d, and booking demos from there.

Wish those pics were better on the iseki site!

I have the brochure, nice!

It does look like a close relation to kubota....probably come from same factory, different engine, more plastic, different paint, there ya go!

Actually, the Kubota, do they use tin or plastic on their body?
Good luck Mate

John
Old 07-10-2005, 06:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Kubota & Iseki decks are different. Eg On the kubota front mount deck the centre spindle is gearbox driven as oppoesd to the iseki where all spindles are belt driven.

I have seen the Iseki & I don't believe that it is a re badged Kubota but rather a ZTR i its own right.

Happy mowing
James
Old 07-10-2005, 07:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks James, appreciate that.

What's your take on the lifting system of the deck opposed to typical chains used by many ztr's?

E.g can the deck or lift system be damaged if ya knock it sideways into something? my point is give with chains against what with "levers"?

Do you think the mower has a high seat or pretty normal for a diesel?

What did you like and dislike about the iseki mate?

Here is a pic I took from another forum taken by Mick at a local show near Brissy.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2005, 04:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi Tony
I only briefly looked at the mower but it seemed to me to be very solid. The levers you refer to could be bent but I suspect that it would take a bit of doing. As is normal it is designed as a "lawn" mower so the usual problems of deck discharge etc would apply. Personally I wouldn't buy it as a front-mount would be more suited to the type of work I do.
If you need a ztr I would suggest you put it next to a kubota & I think it would walk all over it. I have heard that some of the Kubota's were built to compete with the Iseki's & as you will appreciate that doesn't always result in a good mower.

Now what if I had to buy a ztr:
In that case the Iseki would be right near the top of the demo list along with a Wright Sentar

Happy mowing
James
Old 07-11-2005, 05:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Mate!

I'm only interested in this machine fitted with an aftermarket rear discharge deck from superiorequipment.com.au they put em on many outfronts, j.d, iseki, new holland, kubota etc...

but the company is not replying to my emails where I'm asking for photos of work their deck does etc....they just say their deck can do as good if not better than others, well that ain't good enough lol.

Iseki seems to be a tight ass company, they aren't willing to get demo units fitted with these aftermarket rear discharge decks, they are made upon order, and for 30k, I want a demo lol.

They have the looks....but the above is making me a nervous potential client, no demo is frightening in the cutting game!

I'll see one for myself this saturday....hopefully along with hustler again and the new jd997.....

wish the j.d didn't have that ugly rops! lol.

There isn't a lot of knowledge on the forums about rear discharge decks which is frustrating, but surprises me somewhat....