Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-16-2005, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

and finally, page #6, of next years contracts

as i grow, and am exposed to more clients, i am getting more and more b.s. this is one many of you have faced. "but, you werent here that week....". get this, i sent a guy a bill for 6 mows. he comes out, and hands me a check for one grasscut. he says i wasn't there the other 5 times. i freaked. i went to the truck, and showed him my record keeping. it took about 25 minutes of arguing, and i think the blood vessels protruding from my neck convinced him to pay. i got paid, retained the client. page 6 of next years contract will state:" RECORD OF SERVICE: record keeping is done in the following manner- your name and address is on our schedule sheet. when we arrive at your property, the date and arrival time is documented next to your name. we then service the property. upon completion, the departure time is then documented, and signed by both myself, and my employee. OUR RECORDS ARE ERROR PROOF. you will be required to pay for each service that you are billed for, there will be no exceptions." ok, let's hear your opinion on this one
Old 07-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Senior Moderator

As your contract grows longer and longer, I think you should give up the idea of regular paper, pretty soon you'll be up to 11 pages.
Heres what you should use. Ever hear of scroll paper? I think your contract should be printed on scroll paper, roll it up with a rubberband, and when the customer opens it up, it will unroll and fall to their feet. Whatcha think?
Old 07-16-2005, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Holy smokes Bob you have more problems getting paid than anyone I have run across. Only Question I ever have is when there are 5 weeks in the billing cycle. Wife handles that by referring to the calendar. My life is soooo simple. No shovel or anything.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

1MajorTom

Quote:
Heres what you should use. Ever hear of scroll paper?
I believe that would be called toilet paper
Old 07-16-2005, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett
Holy smokes Bob you have more problems getting paid than anyone I have run across. Only Question I ever have is when there are 5 weeks in the billing cycle. Wife handles that by referring to the calendar. My life is soooo simple. No shovel or anything.
you mean you have NEVER had a client dispute a bill, or a service date?
Old 07-16-2005, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
as i grow, and am exposed to more clients, i am getting more and more b.s. this is one many of you have faced. "but, you werent here that week....". get this, i sent a guy a bill for 6 mows. he comes out, and hands me a check for one grasscut. he says i wasn't there the other 5 times. i freaked. i went to the truck, and showed him my record keeping. it took about 25 minutes of arguing, and i think the blood vessels protruding from my neck convinced him to pay. i got paid, retained the client. page 6 of next years contract will state:" RECORD OF SERVICE: record keeping is done in the following manner- your name and address is on our schedule sheet. when we arrive at your property, the date and arrival time is documented next to your name. we then service the property. upon completion, the departure time is then documented, and signed by both myself, and my employee. OUR RECORDS ARE ERROR PROOF. you will be required to pay for each service that you are billed for, there will be no exceptions." ok, let's hear your opinion on this one

Booby it is time for you to go back to being a janitor. 25 minutes of arguing to get paid. Did you stick him with a arguing surcharge.

Bill
Old 07-16-2005, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

and finally, page #6, of next year's contract...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
you mean you have NEVER had a client dispute a bill, or a service date?
NO...In 16 years of doing this, NO, NO, NO. Not a single instance. What the HELL is the big problem down there? I don't hear the other LCO's from N.J. doing all of the squaking that you are doing. Try a different attitude and mannerism, and see if the problems go away. I will insist to the day that I die that you do not really exist. There is no landscaping business in N.J. that is run by you. There is no one that would ever work for you. Your customers are fictitious, and I really wonder about the family thing. You have quiet the fatasy life, Booby. Keep dreaming it all up. And don't forget, YOU are my idol.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Very very little paper for us...We use Laptops in all the trucks and PDA's for the supervisors. All contracts are 1st approved by the attorney.

Old 07-16-2005, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim dailey
NO...In 16 years of doing this, NO, NO, NO. Not a single instance. What the HELL is the big problem down there? I don't hear the other LCO's from N.J. doing all of the squaking that you are doing. Try a different attitude and mannerism, and see if the problems go away. I will insist to the day that I die that you do not really exist. There is no landscaping business in N.J. that is run by you. There is no one that would ever work for you. Your customers are fictitious, and I really wonder about the family thing. You have quiet the fatasy life, Booby. Keep dreaming it all up. And don't forget, YOU are my idol.
thank you mr dailey. so then, you don't think other lawnmen show up to a lawn that is freshly watered? you don't think other lawnmen have thier clients say "you weren't here last week?" do you read this site? or just follow mr around? i read it here all the time, they all have the same problems. i don't think they do anything about it, but, they all experience at one time or another, the same issues.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
Ever hear of scroll paper? I think your contract should be printed on scroll paper, roll it up with a rubberband, and when the customer opens it up, it will unroll and fall to their feet.
LMAO! Even if the customer doesn't appreciate the humor, you'll have a good time doing it!