Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-30-2000, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Member

i have a 48" walker ghs with a 20 hp kohler anyone have any problems mine blew up at 400 hrs they would not waranty it said dirt was in oil only way i could find dirt getting in oil was every time you check the oil dirt falls down the tube from under the cap im in the process of a law suit they want 1800.00 for repairs any body else have this prob the oil and filters were changed every 30 hrs real dusty conditions
Old 04-30-2000, 02:40 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I read in another dicussion that guys were also having problems with their Kawasaki engines from the dry summer we had last year. They said it was from the air cleaners they got the dirt. I feel that is the number 1 reason for getting dirt in the engines and is probably your problem too. That shouldn't be your fault if you serviced the air cleaner correctly.<p>When you get it going again, you might want to consider trying to adapt the Donaldson Turbo air cleaner and the Amsoil by pass filter. The Donaldson is a great filter and the Amsoil by pass fitler will filter out dirt down to 1 micron in size. My Dixie Chopper came with both of these items and it seems to help big time. I know of a contractor in our area that has one with over 4,500 hours on his Chopper and the engine hasn't been apart. I have over 2,700 on the one I run and it went through the dry past summer we had and the driest spring on record this spring. We also mulch the leaves with them, which has to be one of the dustiest jobs, especially last fall when it was so dry. The better filters do make a differance.<p>I read on another forum, the best way to make an engine last longer is to try to seal the air filters better. Dirt getting past the air filter is an engines worst enemy.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>