Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-26-2005, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree with you tony. Godaddy's help FAQ's are terrible and their customer telephone support is just as bad...however they are a cheap way to host your site. I have setup many a godaddy account, just don't ask them for help! I host on omnis.com And they are a wonderful bunch...more expensive, but it shows with what you get.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernYankee
I already have the website done, but I was wonder which company is the best to host with.

godaddy?

thanks SY
Check webhostingtalk.com and webhostingjury.com

Do a search on their forums and I'm sure you will be pointed in the right direction, the information on these forums prompted me to join http://www.micfo.com with Site5.com and Hostgator. running a very close 2nd, all 3 are noted for their CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

really... godaddy is bad? i have had good luck with godaddy.. ever since their superbowl commercial their service has dropped a bit....

www.SoCalPonds.com
Old 08-06-2005, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumper1620
i have read a ton of your post Tony and i am very impressed with your knowledge of the net, so what in your opinion is the best for a new host. i need to start up with a new host as my last was a 2 year contract at a great price but too much hassel to update. I guess what i'm saying is would you recommend yahoo and would it get exposed on the engines or would i have to buy my way on to them.
I would never host my site with anything but a month-to-month contract, too much unreliability to go dealing with some long-term contract just to find out you're not happy with it. Far as hosts, I mean, they're literally a dime a dozen and MOST (if not all) don't host in-house meaning they rent the server and then outsource drivespace.