Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-27-2000, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We've discussed equipment maintenance till we're blue in the face.Now, what about yourselves? Do you guys drink? Smoke? Eat health foods? Go jogging? ect.ect. Mowing gear in good order is not much good if you're a gasping wreck. Me? I smoke 20 a day (Lucky Strike Lights new here,good smoke) I drink socially with occasioal &quot;bender&quot; on the rum. Don't do jogging but been thinking of joining a gym. What about you blokes??<p>Karl
Old 04-27-2000, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Member

I remember once I exercised. I was pushing a self propelled Snapper 21&quot;. Forget that crap used my exhaustion as justification to purchase a new ZTR. That solved the problem. Other than that I enjoy the occassional drink, don't smoke and live with four ladies, 8,12,17, and my fiance (status achieved as payoff for letting me buy the ZTR). So Im have been attempting to get in touch with my feminine side. I never realized how flawed I was until surrounded by all these women who &quot;care about me&quot;. I am on the way to your general neck of the woods there Southside. Going to Hawaii for a couple of weeks next weekend.
Old 04-27-2000, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Karl,<p>My poor 30 year old body probably thinks it's about 50. Comes from smoking 2 packs a day, eating wrong, and too much idle time. <p>Now that I'm back to working hard outside again, the poor 'ol body is screaming bloody murder. <p>But I'll be back in shape again soon, just don't know if the old lungs will recover. Can't kick that awful habit.<p>As to the liver situation, I also abused that hard in my college days. But it seems happier now that I'm married and slowed down the booze consumption. The 'ol lived still does appreciate a beer on occasion. Think it used to get mad at me when I tried to drown it however.
Old 04-27-2000, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Walkerrider,have fun in Hawaii.Seems odd that<br>you would go on holidays when your season is only just starting??<br>Jason,LOL. Smoking is an awful habit but I<br>also enjoy a good smoke and it's an excellent<br>stress releiver.Almost as good as rum. <p>Karl<br>
Old 04-27-2000, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Southside. The Hawaii trip was the second part of the payoff on my Walker. The engagement ring allowed me the Mower and the trip let me buy the options without having to listen to it. Seriously, My girl is great and I read an acticle about a honeymooning couple who went scuba diving out your way and the tour boat left them behind. Apparently the sharks got them. Now if I could just get here to try diving I could probably get the Kubota Diesel upgrade upon my return.
Old 04-27-2000, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Besides recently beeing told that i was alergic to GRASS my 16 year old body is running great! i told my Dr. he needed to go help someone else when he told me i was alergic to grass but now i think i'm gunna go back and get some medicine, i feel like i'm about to cough of my liver right now!
Old 04-27-2000, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Walkerrider, No one know what happened to that couple who disappeared.Common theory<br>here is that they staged their own <br>disappearance.<br>Orkin, major bummer about the allergy.Your<br>liver should still be ok at 16!! <p>Karl<br>
Old 04-27-2000, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Member

my health sucks, i've got ibs (irritable bowel syndrome) acid reflux, (bad stomach problems) i smoke, drink(on occasion) but hey my mower runs great, so it all balances out. I'll keep going till they are throwing dirt on me.
Old 04-27-2000, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Karl,<br>I use a walk behind so that and the heat keeps me from gaining weight. Lift some weights to keep toned. Eat a diet of cheeseburgers and pizza, wash it down with diet Coke.<p>Like to drink once a month with friends, where I consume around twelve Rolling Rocks. I smoke about 10 cigs during that evening, but only when drinking. About once a year I drink to where I wake up feeling like I was dragged through Hell and beaten over the head with a **** bag.<p>Did some jogging last year in winter, to icey to run safely up here in eskimo land.
Old 04-27-2000, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Loading everything in the morning and fighting with the Scag is workout enough for me. I'm 30, smoke some, drink less. No health problems. Low cholestorol, low pulse. Hell, with all this I'll fall over from a heart attack tomorrow!<br>