Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-27-2000, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I LIVE AND WORK IN FLA.IN THE LAWN CARE INDUSTRY,IF THAT'S NOT EXERCISE I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS!I DRANK AND DID DRUGS DAILY UP UNTIL JULY 99',THEN JESUS SAVED ME FROM ALL OF THAT!NOW I'M HOOKED ON ICE WATER AND VITAMINS.THANK YOU LORD!!<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING
Old 04-27-2000, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm 38 now and so far I feel pretty good, I weighed 175 last December and have probably lost 10-12 pounds in the last month and a half. I usually put on my winter coat and get sort of lazy when the days are short but regain that &quot;SUPERMAN&quot; energy after a few weeks into the busy season. I do smoke, wish I had the gonads to quit, but I like it too much or it likes me, one or the other. I don't drink enough to say I drink anything, I would be a real cheap drunk. I'm a firm believer that anything that alters the reaction time of the brain has got to be detrimental to you somehow. I don't even drink coffee, never have and at my age I probably won't pick up that habit. My wife calls me a coke addict, Coca-Cola that is, I have to have one in the morning and every hour after that! Blood pressure is always good, cholesterol is 150 and triglycerides are good. Pulse rate is in the 60's at rest and hair is falling out at a steady pace! Other than that I will do a 12-14 hour day and work these yungins in the ground! I ain't sceert!<p>Homer
Old 04-27-2000, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Oh, I forgot something.............me and Blue Bell sit down every night before I go to bed.............homeade vanilla for me, a glass of coke to wash her down, sometimes I pour the coke right in the bowl to make a coke float.................it's a weakness......................HELP!<p>Homer.....again
Old 04-28-2000, 06:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Homer,<br> Coke and ice vanilla ice cream?<br>eeeeeewwwwww!! Very untidy. I don't drink <br>coke it's rotgut.<p>Karl<br>
Old 04-28-2000, 07:12 AM

I have been to church all my life. I still cant see the relation between moderate drinking and religion. Hey you can abuse anything. Food, caffiene, drugs etc. Look at all the fat a**es that go to church. They will probably die early from obesity than anything else. Those lard buttes are abusing their bodies. Studies have shown that drinking in moderation is healthful. And please dont quote the Bible to me. I have read it several times. No one in this universe can live to the perfection of the old testement.
Old 04-28-2000, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Dont smoke, dont drink, even after walking behind the machine all week I will still go hiking around the reservoir with the kids on the weekend, I have asthma and allergies but regular doctor visits and medication keeps it in check.<p>I commented on a blacksmiths anvil I spied under a workbench in a shop one day, nice cast steel, the kind you buy new for 1500 bucks. The guy laughed and told me if I could get it in the back of my truck without any help I could have it. It now resides on my workbench, all 180 pounds of it, and I would bet the guy isnt so willing to wager his tools anymore.<p>Bill
Old 04-28-2000, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys. I'm 40 and feel like 50. Been cutting 20 years. I had 15 skin cancers burned off my arms last year. Been thinking about getting back into shape, but by the time I get home, I'm beat. I'm trying to wear long sleve shirts to deal with the sun factor. <p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale
Old 04-28-2000, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Homer, you dog, you've hit my weakness!
Old 04-29-2000, 07:34 PM
Lawnsite Addict

Well I guess i'm in for it. I smoke two packs a day and cigars at night, my doctor told me only one drink a day,so it's a quart mason jar of Scotch (Glenleven). I used to run every morning but too much to do now. As to eating right too much red meat in my diet, which reminds me I should lose about 20 lbs. other than that i have no problems <p>----------<br>paul<br>
Old 04-29-2000, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby:<br>Skin cancer is a concern of mine. I use 30 sun block every day even in the winter. People think that I am dark complected but I am not I'm just out in the sun 10 hours a day. I can't stand hats but I do wear sun glasses which seems to save my eyes.<br>I do have some family history of skin cancer. It's not a pleasant thing for certain. How do you cope with being in the sun with your history?