Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-26-2000, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been quoted $6875.00 for Toro z200 62&quot; 25 HP with heavy duty canister air filter. And $7186.00 for Exmark Z 60&quot; 25 HP with heavy duty canister air filter. Both from the same dealer. I will be using for personal use only I have about 7 acers to mow, very sandy, East Texas. I have test drived both, It seemed the Toro was blowing grass all over me.<br>Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.<p>Thanks<p>David
Old 04-26-2000, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I would go with the Exmark. I like the deck much more than the toro deck. Other than that I don't think there is a lot of difference. Both owned by the same parent and the engines are the same(?) right. Check to see if the hydro are both the same. All being equal I would pay a little more for the exmark deck. Probably would benefit you when or if you decide to sell at some point and buy a Walker. Better ask for the seatbelt option on the Exmark it flies.
Old 04-26-2000, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i own the toro mentioned. it is the axact machine as the exmark but witht a toro deck. i have used the lazer z and the quality of cut is not as good as my toro, thats why i went with the toro. the toro disperces the clipping more efficiently and cuts much better in wet grass....dosnt clump at all. the toro deck is a stamped deck but is reinforced heavily all the way around. thoses are the same decks toro mowers have been using for years with great success! GO WITH THE TORO!
Old 04-26-2000, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

have u looked into the lazer z with a 72 in deck? seems like a better choice for 7 acers.<br>i have a 52in lazer hp love it.hope this helps,<br> -nick<p>
Old 04-26-2000, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Columbia - what do you have a repeater? :}<br>
Old 04-26-2000, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Member

take it easy on the kid Mow Ed. He can't help it that he stuuuuuuters
Old 04-26-2000, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Up here Toro offers 24 month payments with 0% financing and your taxes up front. Exmark doen't. That's why we went with Toro. All things being equal we would have gone Exmark, I prefer the welded deck over the stamped. As for &quot;blowing grass all over you&quot; I've noticed no difference between any of the riders I've used, it's the condition of the ground to be cut, height of grass, and the speed and direction of the wind that causes such a problem.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com
Old 04-26-2000, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Iv'e used or owned just about every brand.<br>Go with the Toro over the Exmark<br>No deck can equal the clipping dispersal of the Toro SFS deck. Period.<br>
Old 04-26-2000, 07:41 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
The 62&quot; toro deck is welded not stamped like the 52 and 44.
Old 04-26-2000, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

THEY ARE BOTH AWSOME MACHINES,I GOT MY EXMARK FOR LESS THAT'S WHY I CHOSE IT.GO WITH THE LEAST EXPENSIVE.YOU'LL NEVER PUT ENOUGH HOURS ON IT TO SEE A DIFFERENCE.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING