Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-27-2000, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Member

just wondering if anyone uses the micro mulch kit for the exmark . I bought a 52 inch lazerhp this year . and after using it a couple of weeks i am noticing it does not mulch as well as the 48 metrohp i have been using for the last couple iuse gator blades
Old 04-27-2000, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tazz,<p>I bought a full size Lazer Z with a 52&quot; deck this year. I used the mulching kit a few times. Just took it off and went to a double blade setup. It clumped to much in tall wet grass for my liking. I might put it back on this summer when the grass quits growing so fast.<p>Or I might not. I'm going to build a operator controlled discharge chute like the dixies have, and run gator's and high lifts. Should mulch good with that combo, plus be able to open the chute for regular discharge.
Old 04-28-2000, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I used the mulching system for the first time today on my 60&quot; Lazer. I used the blades that came with the system, they did not seem to mulch leaves that good, I will try the gators but would they make that much of a difference
Old 04-28-2000, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Its all Ive used with my turf tracer the past 4 years. Kit includes the special baffling block plate and mulch blades. Gators dont work well with the kit. I bag NO grass. If the grass is real tall, like it was this morning(raining to boot) Ill double cut the clumpy areas, or just blow it off to scatter the clumps. Looks as good as bagging if not better. In general I feel its better than discharging esp when most of my lawns have houses and gardens/beds that cant have grass blown in/on them.<p>Bill
Old 04-28-2000, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

EDL-<p>The gator blades will do a better job. I've run EVERY blade set-up on a 60&quot; Exmark. In the spring mulch kits are okay, but wait 'til fall: they're almost majic.
Old 04-29-2000, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Lazer, what type of set up would you recommend. Double Blades? Thanks Tom