Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2001, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Watch that greed thing. By the way, where was this machine at again? (heh,heh,heh) Anyway, I've been hawking the equipment shoppers and it looks like resale of about $15k to $20k is about right. Man I like messing with machinery and used car dealers.
Old 03-09-2001, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This may seem minor but it is something that has really steered(no pun intended)me away from Case and Int.,payloader ect is the fact that the operator postion is on the front section and not on the rear. So what you say,well in tight places when sitting on the rear section you are either moving or looking at the section moving,when positioned over the front it is easy to lose track of how close the rear is to objects,because you the operator may not be moving near as much as the back section.Minor, but for the money I'd rather have a Cat 920 or JD 544 were this is not a problem.
Old 03-09-2001, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've posted this before ,but the best place to look at and get an idea of price on diffrent equipment out there is http://www.machinerytrader.com .Make sure you choose machines for sale to look at equipment you can actually buy.The other nice feature of this site is the auction results.These are attainable just by choosing auction results instead of machines for sale.This will give you an idea of how much you might pay if you were to find a particular machine at auction. I look at this site often when thinking about selling or buying a piece of equipment to compare prices as well as look at the pictures to compare machine condition.
Old 03-10-2001, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Member

My experience with the older Case equipment has been very good, I dont believe that the engine hours are accurate. Either the Hobbs has rolled over once, or somewhere along the way it has been disconnected. Just something to consider.

Paul
Old 03-11-2001, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Follow Up

The winning bid was 18,000. It probably went to an end user as opposed to a broker.

Thanks for your assistance everyone.

Ed
Old 03-11-2001, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wasn't to far off with my price .The new case loaders are great but very pricy. If your looking for a small loader I think the Komatsu or Volvo look pretty good like a 120 -
180 or L50-L70.
Old 03-11-2001, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Now cat don't take all the credit I hit that price pretty close too . End users win these types of bids and being one I am happy to see that. I would love to have a loader like that one but I wonder how I'd look taking my kids to baseball practice in one?
Old 03-12-2001, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Member

SCL, You could put bleachers in the bucket and take the whole team out for Ice cream.