Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-28-2000, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Holy ****! I'd like to see one of those! (But not to close.)<br><p>----------<br>D. Tom<br>
Old 04-28-2000, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I think here in the States they are called Tub Grinders. The landfill where I take my stuff has one, it will take a ten foot around stump, rocks roots and all and without a fuss convert it into three yards of mulch/compost in about as much time as it took to read this post.<p>Junkyards have something similar, which will convert a mid-80s Fleetwood into a big steel wool scouring pad, seats tires, block and all, in a matter of minutes.<p>If theres a job to be done, somewhere somehow theres a machine that will do it.<p>Bill
Old 04-28-2000, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Member

HEY EVERYONE!<p>I never knew so many people actually read my posts! Yeah DMC300 is exactly right, I am very very VERY busy. My business is a total success, well at least according to what my goal I set to achieve. I have 23 customers, an ExMark Lazer Z HP 48&quot; 21hp kaw, an Echo trimmer-srm(?)-2601 and an Echo blower-PB601. I have found that I am better at markteting the business than I am at actually doing the work. Don't get me wrong, I do a great job and I can use the equiptment good, but I have been trying to overcome the perfectist mind-set I have. Anyone have any problems w/ that? How did you get over it? I have been coming home from school at 2:30 and mowing till 8:30 (whenever it gets dark). I am so busy!!!!!!! I have a few questions that I will post probably, look for them. I am away for the weekend visiting a college which ironically gives me some time to go online. Talk to you all later (((if I have time))) <p>Grassboy<br>AKA Owner of- Jeff's Lawn Care Service
Old 04-28-2000, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Just thought i would add that It seems as though grassboy and I are the same age. he is definatly doing better then I am. I have been busy with premulch cleanups. Oh and F.Y.I. I worked on a tub grinder all summer long 2 summers ago. I had to clean it, fix it, change the teeth(no easy task), I did everything but run it. I literally risked my life every single day. My ears are still ringing from being 6 inches away from the 300hp Cat.
Old 04-28-2000, 07:01 PM

Grass Boyzzz back!! Congratulations on your success. Just try to set an inner time table on the time you spend on a yard for the price it is paying. Nice of you to check back in
Old 04-29-2000, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey Charles, <br>Need more details on your time table suggestion. What do I do if I see that i am spending too much time for the money i am earning??? Drop the customer, cuz if that's the case I would be dropping a lot of customers!
Old 04-29-2000, 07:10 AM

Grassboy, go up on the unprofitable yards a few dollars each year. The really unprifitable ones go up to what the price is suppose to be. And if u lose that customer u just lose them
Old 04-29-2000, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Charles-<br>I understand that, but some of the ones i have right now are bugging me a lot because of the low quote I have given them. I don't want to work for practically nothing for those lawns this year, so what can I do this year?<br>