Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-02-2005, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Do you sell engines?

I would be looking into buying a kawasaki engine, and am interested if you sell them in the horse power range that I need.

I would be looking between 18-23hp. 1"x 3 5/32 (approx) vertical crankshaft, air cooled.

I am just shopping to get some prices right now, and the main one that I am looking at, is the FH680V.

thanks. chris.

A student taking a philosophy class had a single question on his final: "What is courage?" The student wrote: "This", signed it, and turned it in.

in Iraq, ever since the beginning of time, men have fought for, land, power, money, and greed. but what are we fighting for? .... we are fighting for something new, we are fighting, because it is the right thing to do.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Member

we do sell engines. is there a particular fh680v that you were looking at?

to be honest with you, chris, we mainly sell parts and we can get you great deals in that area, but because we don't regularly stock very many engines, we won't be able to get you as good a deal as places that specialize in engine sales, such as smallenginewarehouse.com. but if your engine ever breaks and you need parts, we're right here for you!
Old 08-03-2005, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

ok, I have looked at the small engine warehouse, and they have the 23hp kawasaki engine I am looking for, for $1,150. do you think it will find it cheaper anyware else?

A student taking a philosophy class had a single question on his final: "What is courage?" The student wrote: "This", signed it, and turned it in.

in Iraq, ever since the beginning of time, men have fought for, land, power, money, and greed. but what are we fighting for? .... we are fighting for something new, we are fighting, because it is the right thing to do.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Member

where else have you been looking?
Old 08-05-2005, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

j-thomas.

tulasenginewarehouse.

jack's small engines.

landscapesupply.com

Old 08-05-2005, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Member

you've done more research than i have and it looks like those are some good places to get the engines from. the only places i know of to get engines are locally and those will cost you an arm and a leg. buying online will save you a lot of money, but make sure they don't overcharge for shipping.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

in hawaii, shipping is a killer. most of the time, shipping is more than the item.

I think it is around $200 to ship the engine to hawaii.