Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-06-2005, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bsman
BobcatS250, Lewis moved all their operations to their Crystal Lake location. My experience with Lewis service and parts is terrific. When the Boomer went for its 300hr service, that is where I went. I have actually moved from MG to Sycamore. I know you are younger, but did you go to Glenbrook or Maine?
As far as the mini ex, I'm in the used market. Spoke with Atlas. They returned call a few days later and offered a couple of grey-market machines. No thanks. Volvo, receptionist took info. Salesperson called same day. I explained what I was looking for. He told me he would need to check around and would call back the following day. Do you think he called?
Anyhow, tested a low hour KX41 yesterday. Too small. I will be testing a mid 90's 325 over the weekend.
Let us know how it goes. Sorry to hear the Volvo experience didn't go well... I was under the impression that they were always eager to get out their name. You could potentially try out a Deere early-build mini-ex, like a 27C ZTS for example, by way of West Side Tractor or Buck Bros.

I went to Glenbrook South. Loved it tremendously.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you moved to Sycamore, then Payline West is your NH dealer. They always gave great service for our Scag lawn mowers, but field service was another story. Typically, their field trucks were tioed up for days before they could get to the next call.

That far out you also might want to BK power and equipment out near Pingree Grove off rt 20.. They are a Gehl dealer and gave great service.
www.naturescapelandscape.com
Old 02-24-2013, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bsman View Post
Do I have exceptionally lousy luck or is this experience commonplace? My list of dealers that I am willing to do business with is shrinking. Over the course of the past few months I've contacted local dealers (by phone and by foot) for various pieces of equipment. The equipment has all been in the 10-25k range. Typically I have found the salespeople to be friendly with poor follow-through. I walked in to one dealer whose salesperson didn't have the interest to demo the equipment or even crunch numbers...give me your info and I'll get back to you. Perhaps when I'm in front of you, NOW would be the time to pursue the sale??? By phone, the common one is the salesperson who is going to check what is on the lot or due in and will call back before (fill in the time or date). Hey, pal. I didn't force a deadline on you, but now that you told me when you would call...OWN UP.
I don't want to come across as petty or as having unrealistic expectations, but with $$$ exiting my wallet, I would like to see a dealer show interest before the sale as reassurance of service after the sale.
It is the work ethics of this younger generation in the sales force...Making it easy on us old timers .
Old 02-24-2013, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This thread goes back almost 7 years...back from the dead...the guy who started this thread hasn't posted since 2006
Old 02-24-2013, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Did not notice that....it came up near the top of the thread list...Bahahaha...been off here a couple months and posting like a rookie.