Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-05-2005, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Online Bill Payments - Two Questions

Two quesstions

1. Anyone here use online bill payment to pay their bills?

2. Anyone get paid by customers using online bill pay. If so, how long does it take for you to get your checks from the customers?

Old 08-05-2005, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Two answers

1. Yes for the last three years. Been using Bank of America's on-line pay with no problems.
2. Yes again with no problems. Usually takes only one to three days. Kind of an unusual looking check. Almost like an inbetween automated check and personal check.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

on-line bill payments...2 questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalGreenscapes
Two quesstions

2. Anyone get paid by customers using online bill pay. If so, how long does it take for you to get your checks from the customers?
I do, with ALL of my bills. I think that it is the easiest way. Most days, after work, I am at the keyboard entering info on the days work that was just completed. I spent an extra minute and pay my bills, that are due at the time, and get them out of the way. I have several customers that also pay me in the same manner. They live in surrounding towns. They do their thing at the keyboard, and with the bank and the post office envolved, I get the check in 3 days, usually. I have NEVER had a problem with it or them. Hpe that it works out for you. It is great for the business AND the household.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalGreenscapes
Two quesstions

1. Electric and all Credit cards online, auto registration and sometimes property tax, never a problem. Done insurance payment before as well. Only time I do it is if it's free thou, otherwise US mail is usually cheaper. Now I do manual pay, I don't like that auto-deduct from my account stuff.

2. Not for lawncare but for my site, I use clickbank to process a few transactions (~$600/year or so), takes 2-3 weeks to get the check BUT it also costs 10-15% fee and the fee works thusly:
The lower the annual (spec. monthly) volume, the higher the %... The more volume you do online, the lower the % (but not with clickbank, you gotta prolly get with a real bank, thou you might also try paypal).
Old 08-06-2005, 02:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites
1. Electric and all Credit cards online, auto registration and sometimes property tax, never a problem. Done insurance payment before as well. Only time I do it is if it's free thou, otherwise US mail is usually cheaper. Now I do manual pay, I don't like that auto-deduct from my account stuff.

2. Not for lawncare but for my site, I use clickbank to process a few transactions (~$600/year or so), takes 2-3 weeks to get the check BUT it also costs 10-15% fee and the fee works thusly:
The lower the annual (spec. monthly) volume, the higher the %... The more volume you do online, the lower the % (but not with clickbank, you gotta prolly get with a real bank, thou you might also try paypal).
You said "sometimes" property tax...how do you decide if you will do it or not online?
Old 08-07-2005, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont use it. Reason being about 10 of my customers do use it and all 10 checks are late on average about 2-3 weeks.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

online bill payments...2 questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by promower
I dont use it. Reason being about 10 of my customers do use it and all 10 checks are late on average about 2-3 weeks.
I suppose it has to do with the particular program that is used. The program that is associated with my particular bank has a 2-day period for payment. 3 days when you incorporate a Sunday. I have never had a mistake occur on their part. Don't forget...a person (customer) can have all of the bills set-up for payment on the 1st of the month, and not initialize the program until the 5th or the 10th, thereby creating late payments. I would bet my last dollar that those payments that are sent out late are NOT to the mortgage company or the electric company or the credit card companies. Just quess who gets the short end of the stick....
Old 08-08-2005, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by promower
Matt, surprised to hear you say that. The few of our customers that use it, there checks come at the same pace as everyone else. They look a little funny but they cash the same!

http://www.pr-fectlawn.com
Old 08-08-2005, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Member

I use it to pay all my bills...

I have them all setup in my bank account page, type in the amounts for each, submit and BING, its done....

Works great... I have yet to receive any money via Billpay...
Old 08-08-2005, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It could very possibly be lazy slacker customers. Sounds like a lot of people have had good expeirences with online bill pay. If indeed bills get paid on time then I may have to look into using it myself.