Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-10-2005, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

YazooKees, Great or awful???

I am looking for another z mower and I found a new 2005 YazooKeys. 27hp Kohler, 61 inch, ROPS with lights and 3 bag collection system for $7999. I know this is a good price but is this a good mower? I have no expiriance with them. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hi yes i have one a 61 inch with the honda 24hp on it. they are really nice machines.. they cut really nice... also dont beleave a guy on here envy about them. he lies about them. he is in NC and i am in PA and my dealer knows about him and the PA sales rep even called me and told me his whole story. he is on here to, his name is mowerman.. buy yes mine has 233 hours on it. and this mower is easily as good and i think better that exmark. let me know if you want to know more or ask mowerman. they stand behind what they sell and are really nice machines. thanks tom
Old 08-10-2005, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search for them on here you will find AWFUL things about them
Go for toro exmark scag gravely johndeere etc.........I have herd to stay away from them from more than a couple people
Old 08-10-2005, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Anyone else? I do know this dealer and he is great should I need service. Can you tell me speciffically what the problem with them is? spindles, pumps, wheel motors and engine are all the same as the other big brands.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
hi yes i have one a 61 inch with the honda 24hp on it. they are really nice machines.. they cut really nice... also dont beleave a guy on here ENVY about them. he lies about them. he is in NC and i am in PA and my dealer knows about him and the PA sales rep even called me and told me his whole story. he is on here to, his name is mowerman.. buy yes mine has 233 hours on it. and this mower is easily as good and i think better that exmark. let me know if you want to know more or ask mowerman. they stand behind what they sell and are really nice machines. thanks tom
Wow..............

A friend of mine has a trophy wife……..apparently she wasn’t 1st place though

...Amateurs built the Ark but professionals built the Titanic...

...YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID...
Old 08-10-2005, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yazoo is complete junk

Milo you just made a big mistake. ENVY is a respected member of this site. The problems with his yazoo where real.

48"/56" WALKER GHS 26hp EFI

Kubota B7500 Tractor with loader, blower, cab, box, aerator

F-350 Dump w/ plow and spreader

Brown BedEdger For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCreek
My favorite reason to own a walker, because it makes others jealous
Old 08-11-2005, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsgottobegreen
Yazoo is complete junk

Milo you just made a big mistake. ENVY is a respected member of this site. The problems with his yazoo where real.
Thanks a lot for your support. It means a lot.

Milo,

I won't lower myself to bickering this out with you again. I will only take a moment to say that if your buddies in PA had told you the TRUTH about my situation with Yazoo/Kees you sure as heck would not have bought one. People who stand to make a buck sure as heck are not going to air out dirty laundry. They are going to candy coat things and tell you what you want to hear so you will buy. You should also take note that Mower Man wisely chose not to stir in the fire anymore once I called his bluff on his remarks in previous posts, and atleast one of those was yours.

Past that I say no more and continue to wish you the best of luck with your purchase.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 08-11-2005, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Creative Lawn Care,

As for the FACTS about Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna....
This is not a product or a company that can be depended on for home use....
Much less to earn a living....
Been there, done that....

If you want to make a smart economy purchase of a ZTR then check out Lesco's 60" Z Two.
They are available in standard stance w/25hp Kawasaki for $6,299
Or in WideTrack w/28hp Generac for the amazing lower price of $5,749
Nice light kit with big lights that mount down low out of the way for $95
Peco style catcher through Lesco $????
Cub Commercial 3-Bagger $????

Awesome product
Awesome price
Awesome parts availability
Awesome service after the sale

Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna you would not even want to dream of owning in North Carolina.
My personal long term experince with them.... AWFUL to say the least.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 08-11-2005, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Envy
I appreciate your response and hope it wont hold true for me as I just bought the yazoo today. As I said my dealer is great and I have known him for several years. I researched them on here and almost all the post about them were positive. I tried it out and liked it so now I will hope for the best. Dealer said the distributor is in Winston Salem so parts should be quick. Can you pm me and tell me more. I am kinda scared now. Thanks
Old 08-11-2005, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative Lawn Care
Envy
I appreciate your response and hope it wont hold true for me as I just bought the yazoo today. As I said my dealer is great and I have known him for several years. I researched them on here and almost all the post about them were positive. I tried it out and liked it so now I will hope for the best. Dealer said the distributor is in Winston Salem so parts should be quick. Can you pm me and tell me more. I am kinda scared now. Thanks
Sorry to hear that... I really am. The distributor being right here, my discussions with them prior to buying and all the promises they made me is what sold me to settle with this brand. But to be quite honest with you, the distributor sucks really really bad also.

Here I was thinking that would be such an awesome asset... for parts, service, and an additional safety net beyond the dealer network. Boy was I dead wrong. But I found that out the hard way when I had to turn to them when directed to do so by Yazoo. So far in my life, that's the second worst company I have ever had the dis-pleasure of dealing with.

Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna AKA HUSQVARNA TURF CARE CO. Being #1.
There corporate offices and management is also located in North Carolina too.
But that doesn't amount to a hill of beans either.

So at this point, since you have already bought, the only advice I can offer you is to either back out while you are still in the window... or hope, pray and stay in perfect good graces with your dealer. If he will step to the plate and personally back the machine even to the point of replacing on the spot at his own risk for you... then maybe you'll be OK.

Just don't expect anyone beyond your local dealer to stand behind the product is all I'm saying.