Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-11-2005, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Member

OK Guys, a bit of help needed here on Long island

Have finally decided to take the plunge for "next year" full time as an LCO. I am going to go it alone for a bit until I get fully established. Problem here on Long Island, and in Coram in particular, is the narrow gates to backyards. Some have 48" gates and some have 36" gates. What's an LCO to do!!!!Through my search, the only ZTR that will navigate 36" gates is a Gravely. I was hoping to get away with only 1 machine for both front and back along with an Echo blower and a Shidaiwa trimmer/edger. Is this feasible or what? I wanted to get either a Hustler or an Exmark for fronts and maybe a Wright Stander for back yards, what do you all think about that? Also, going rates for 1/3 acre seems to be approx. $45 (includes mow,edge,line trim, weed and blow out). What are 1/4, 1/2 and acre lots going for here on Long Island or elsewhere. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Not to forget that I am going to also purchase a Doolittle 6.5 x 14 single axle trailer pulled by a 2003 Ram 1500 Quad cab. I am going all out because I have already acquired 10 accounts and have approx 15 more on the table waiting for replies. All told, by the beginning of next season I should have between 40 and 50 accounts.
How does my equipment list stack up????