Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-14-2005, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

recess

Hi to all you people that work hard for your money , only to see your profits being wipe out by the cost of gas and insurance. Its time that we contact the Congressmen and women that are supposed to look out for our future. My Congressmen has not done anything to help Small business meet their concerns to continue to be competitive in the market. Without our Congressmen holding town hall meeting to address those issue, how can we be competitive. I hope that your Congressmen holds town hall meetings to address your issue. They seem to be their to line there pockets with back door contracts, then telling the people that everything is going well! I hope that the people will wake up to see whats going on. I will Contact Congressmen Mchugh from Upstate NY again to see if their is anything that he has done to help the Lawn care,Snow and Ice companies be fair and balance across the broad for all not just a select few.Bring the Men and Women home.

Mike Kinney.
Ashley'sLawn*Snow
Old 08-14-2005, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

All a town meeting is is a chance for them to shake hands, hold babies, tell you how they will fight for what you want, and look you in the eyes and lie. Ever see a town meeting where someone asks what are you doing to help__________. And the polotician says, nothing, there are more important things to do. They will waste your time trying to agree with and lie to you. Want to know what will happen? Go to the announcements forum and look at the sticky thread by sean called you will be lucky to reach 5000. A politician wont ever think there are enough of us to bother listening to, but they will shake their head in agreement while looking you in the eye, shaking your wifes hand, and rubbing your small childs head. As long as they can get a picture or two..........

Last edited by lawnman_scott; 08-14-2005 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Congressmen

But to just lie down and except that is not the answer! I believe that they the Congressmen should be accountable to the people that they represent that being me and you. Stand up for your rights and for your children future>

Mike
Old 08-15-2005, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Oh hell no, I leave the United States government and it's employees alone because I like to let sleeping dogs lie.

Insurance? No insurance is the solution. No health, no medical, no life, no dental, no home and no business liab., who needs it? All it does is cost money that you're better off putting thousands in the bank for when you need it.

For fuel, you increase advertising and wait for every OTHER lco to drop out until you have as serious a demand / supply problem as opec. Then you increase production as much as you can (like 10% or so should do over time so you raise production by 2% every time demand TRIPLES and you should be ok) AND now you raise prices by 5 dollars across the board to curb demand (+$5 / grass-cut ... +$5 / hour)... SO then when you get to the station, you pump it and pay it.
I mean come on, don't tell me you can't learn how to play the simple game right from opec.

Besides, soon it will be only like 3 lco's for the whole town just like opec with 3 refineries and the demand will be so high it will make my phone SIZZLE !

yup
Old 08-16-2005, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Member

yup

Thats just what I thought!.

Me
Old 08-16-2005, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
Hi mikekinney,

Could you share with us the letter you send your congressman? That might inspire others to use it as a template to send it to theirs?

<table width=100%>
<tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td></td></tr></table>
<center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>
Old 08-16-2005, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Letters

I would , but their has been many e-mails, phone calls letters send for the last three or so years, the letters are personal letters so too send a copy would but my case at a disadvantaged! But rest assure its all for the Industry at hand with the Snow and ice control being part of it.Their is too little support for our Industry people need to step up to the plate and be herd.

Look around at everything see what you see.

Just a Small Business person.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys join NFIB www.nfib.com they are they middle man b/t us (small business owner) and the gov./congressmen... check out the site and you will be amazed at what things NFIB has done for small business lately and in the past that help small business men like u and i. right now i know they are workin here in our area to find out how gas is affecting contractors so maybe somethign is looking to be done soon.