Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-14-2005, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Magnum owners... well??

noticed a few people bought several of these units this spring. well now that the seasons well under way, what do you think? would you buy another? or have you had it with PG for good? i'm the market for a ride on and i'm leaning harder then the tower of PIZA towards the z-spray, but if i can save $2K i will.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Magnum and do like it...My biggest complaint is that it steers like a tank when the hopper and tank is full. Just a better machine in general than the old Centri I was running. I haven't been on a Z-spray yet, but no one has a bad thing to say about those..
Old 08-15-2005, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

most of the properties i treat are 40k-100k and one is 425k that i do by push spreader and drag hose now, the rest i use a tractor and vicon spreader (but still have to drag hose) and i have two that are 1.5M k and 1.75M k and everywere in between. to say the least it's getting old fast! i looked at the z and it's quite the awsom mechine (thinking the intermediat w/optional 20gal extra liquid tank) would do it all and some. but the extra money $2k for the added convience? if the magnum was worth it or not.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

There was a good review written on this on another site, and he described a few different little "glitches" with it. I have a friend that added one to the rest of his PG's, and he is happy with it.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If most of your properties are between 40-100k, I would go with the Z-spray. I hope you know how much time your going to save with either machine!
Old 08-16-2005, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyLawn
If most of your properties are between 40-100k, I would go with the Z-spray. I hope you know how much time your going to save with either machine!
thats what i'm looking for, back and knees kill at the end of the day!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

I had problems with my foot last winter and bought a perma green I had been looking at both machines. With the hilly terrain on some lawns the fold down handle bars enable me to step off and do most hills. I do touch up around ornamental beds with backpack sprayer.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Troll
I had problems with my foot last winter and bought a perma green I had been looking at both machines. With the hilly terrain on some lawns the fold down handle bars enable me to step off and do most hills. I do touch up around ornamental beds with backpack sprayer.

You know you could run a 15' piece of hose off of the bottle fill on your PG, with a spray wand, and then you might not have to use the backpack sprayer??
Old 08-17-2005, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i own a mag. with 20 hrs. on it and it seems ok so far. the machine seems little slower then the centri's i own. the largest lawn i do is 60,000 sf. .
i been with perm a green since early 90's and they always did me well despite the machines breaking alot.
LT rich makes a nice machine (i own there aerator and seen there spreader) but it is a little large for me..

LwnmwrMan22 good job on the hose attachment...i never thought of it.. i am going to try it..

2003 ford F 150
1- 14' OPEN TRAILER sold
1- 16' open trailer
BILLMASTER SOFTWARE FOR MY LAWN CARE.
http://www.customizedbusinesssoftware.com
QUICK BOOKS FOR ACCOUNTING
1- Z SPRAY Intermediate
1- Z SPRAY MAX
2-Z PLUGGER
1-Lesco Renovator
1- CLASSEN SPLIT REEL CORE AERATOR
1- 150 GAL NURSE TANK WITH A 20 GPM TIGER PUMP.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The thing about the hose attachment, is that you HAVE to have the right nozzle. A regular nozzle like out of a backpack sprayer would put down WAY to heavy of chem..

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.