Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Magna-Matic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Magna-Matic Lawn Mower Blade Balancers, Sharpeners, and more

Old 08-14-2005, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Working Table/Platform replacement...

I noticed my platform wearing or rather the blade seems to be cutting into it thereby causing more aggravation in sliding my blades back and forth. I realize I can buy a replacement. I suppose these are made out of hard plastic. Has there been any thoughts of making these out of something harder that will not cut... such as maybe marble? I guess I could take one to a couter top builder and have one cut out of marble and then drill the holes for the screws.

Any thoughts on this?

SonnieP
Old 08-26-2005, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Has this forum died or what? I suppose Gerd has been on extended vacation.

Anyway... thanks for a PM that someone sent me I learned that the platform is a two piece system that can be arranged for further use as if it were new again. I wish I'd learned this a little sooner AS IN BEFORE I purchased TWO of the platforms... YES TWO! I sure am glad they were fairly inexpensive.

SonnieP

Last edited by Sonnie Parker; 08-26-2005 at 04:38 PM..
Old 08-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Sponsor

Hello All,

Sorry about the delay.

First note - to extend the life of the worktables, you can deburr the underside of the blade before sharpening - the burrs made by nicks can cut into the worktable.

We have looked at other materials and still find this (delron) plastic to be the best choice because it will take wear before the blade, it keeps vibration down, safety for the possiblity of contacting the grinding wheel, and allows for smooth sliding. The smooth slide is the primary reason for the material.

Oddly enough i had recently visited a cabniet maker, and saw some of the prices for high-end countertop materials. Quartz and granite were around $180-200 per linear foot, and i'm sure marble is far more expensive. I'm also unsure how the type of grinding wheel we use would interact with marble if you hit the wheel on the work table. It could be an unsafe condition.

Lastly - yes the MAG-9000 has 2 work tables stacked on top of each other - i.e. it has an onboard replacement and the work tables are also not an expensive part. SEE HERE

http://magna-matic.com/Merchant2/mer...y_Code=RP-9000

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 08-30-2005, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Gerd...

I was thinkin' scrap marble for as small a piece as I needed, but of course in your case it wouldn't be a situation of only scrap pieces for as many as you would need... not to mention the time and cost in cutting them to size.

Let's just say I will have working tables for a while since I ordered two and still have the old one as functional ta boot.

SonnieP