Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-18-2005, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

BR 600, any NEW news????????????????????

looking forward.....

does anyone own one of these machines? any problems ? how do you like it?

anyone else thinking about getting one?

have not heard much about this product lately just wondering what's up :blob3:
Old 08-18-2005, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had one for a month. No problems yet. Very powerful.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Member

I just bought one a week ago and love it. I have always bought Redmax prior to it but the redmax dealer sucks around here and I finally tried the BR600 and will never look at redmax again. It is as powerful if not a little more powerful than my redmax 8000 and it definitely is lighter and more comfortable to use. None of my guys want to touch the redmax 7001 or 8000 again.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Member

I love it

I have a 550 and 600 and am buying another 600 for fall cleanup. The 550 is great for the grass clippings and i have a curved tip on it but i put the curved tip on the 600 and it wants to blow my hand back. I thought the 600 was just a little less powerfull then the redmax?

vance
Old 09-08-2005, 06:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have demoed both and the stihl is the more powerful machine...

plus,the stihl is contoured/rounded, lighter (24 pounds full to the rim with fuel), all delicate parts hidden, has anti-static conductor cable (believe me, it works), great on fuel, quiet, very little vibration with the springs and rubber bumpers, does not stick so far from one's back that throw a person's center of gravity off, is less expensive, extremely powerful with 712 cfm at pipe --did I leave anything out? Oh, and Stihl actually requires their dealers to be on the ball...redmax will not even return tech support emails...Stihl responds within the day...
Old 09-08-2005, 07:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think one of the problems with obtaining Red Max service could be the fact that they can be bought on line and the distributors will set up just about any dealer who will buy them. The prouct is very good but the service seems to be lacking.

On the other hand, Stihl will cancel their largest dealer for:

Selling on line.
Selling any power head in the box
Selling unassembled equipment
Failure to provide service to the end user

This year I will sell >1200 units of Stihl equipment and several hundred more chain saws if we have another hurricane. Every unit we sell is assembled, gassed and started prior to delivery. Every chain saw is operated long enough to assure the oiler is working properly, then, we have "chain saw 101" for each customer who is not familiar with saws or is not familiar with that particular model.

Any dealer can sell new equipment but that really doesn't mean anything because the box stores do the same thing, only better.

A dealer who doesn't think his parts and service departments are the most important parts of his store really isn't concerned about the success of his commercial customers. I think that service is 99% of ownership and we have a moral and ethical obligation to provide the best service possible to our customers. Like most dealers, my service and parts issues are the result of not being able to hire enough qualified people to perform these duties.

If anyone is changing dealerships because of service or products he should ask to have a service and parts department tour prior to purchasing.

Oldtimer
You cannot direct the wind but you can adjust the sails
Old 09-08-2005, 07:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i love my new br600. for everyday use it cannot be beat.

John
Old 09-08-2005, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one two days ago. This is an amazing maching. After about 200 hours, you need to have the valves adjusted or at least looked at, then it will run forever. That has to do with the new motor. I was blowing a porch with big pieces of concrete that were breaking up from the porch. The BR 600 was picking them up...ridiculous.