Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-21-2005, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Farm Family Insurance

People if your looking for Insurance don't go to Farm Family its seems that that they have too many billing problems and increase's with their company,I had them for a long time, but after their billing mistake and increase of over 1200 dollars in less than two years its time to move on. I have never file a claim in 16 years in business. Out with FARM fAMILY.

Mike
Old 08-21-2005, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekinney
People if your looking for Insurance don't go to Farm Family its seems that that they have too many billing problems and increase's with their company,I had them for a long time, but after their billing mistake and increase of over 1200 dollars in less than two years its time to move on. I have never file a claim in 16 years in business. Out with FARM fAMILY.

Mike
I switched to Farm Family 2 years ago, zero problems so far.

Gene
Old 08-22-2005, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Member

I'd just go with Farm Bureau, they seem to be the best of what I've seen.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Farm Family

That is the hook and bait they play, keep an eye out for your premiums increases start date from date, watch their cost for renewal.
Farm Bureau how is their prices? Do they cover Pesticides & Snow.

Thanks for any information that you can provid

Mike
Old 08-22-2005, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekinney
That is the hook and bait they play, keep an eye out for your premiums increases start date from date, watch their cost for renewal.
Farm Bureau how is their prices? Do they cover Pesticides & Snow.

Thanks for any information that you can provid

Mike
I don't like to bad mouth ins. companies but it is my experience that whenever you are with a company that does mass advertising about how cheap they are, they aren't. You as a policy holder are paying for the advertisments that cost a lot of money to tell others about how cheap they are. They are cheap in the initial but you are going to notice across the boards increases over the life of the policy. It is best to stick with a company that does not do a lot of advertising, is rated AT LEAST an "A". I will not write with standard market companies that are not rated an "A" and most of mine are A+ rated. These companies are more stable which means that their premiums are also.

I know that many will think that I am biased and want you to pay more for your insurance but that is not the case. When you are with a stable company there is a less likely chance that you will be cancelled because they decide to quit writing a group that you happen to fall into. When you are cancelled and you try to get insurance you will pay a surcharge because you are being non-renewed, this surcharge is more than the $30 or so that you will pay more by going with a better insurance company.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have Farm Bureau liability 1mil/2mil and the cost to be a member is $25 and my rate is $204 for under $17500 volume. It does include herbicides. I'm not sure how they're rated but, a lot of contactor friends of mine use them.

NObama '08
NoMoreObama '12
Well, I hope everyone is happy now.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharrell
I have Farm Bureau liability 1mil/2mil and the cost to be a member is $25 and my rate is $204 for under $17500 volume. It does include herbicides. I'm not sure how they're rated but, a lot of contactor friends of mine use them.

That is a very good price for coverage,,,IF it does have the environmental rider included.